Colgan Sick Calls?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colgan....

They always say they have no one to cover your shift but some how the flight always goes out....

The lack of crews is company calculated to keep payroll down.

Don't be guilted into flying by crew schedulers being lazy and not wanting to have to find someone.

Maybe someday they will wise up and hire some reserve crews.

doubt it.....

they wont hire reserve crews until those shiny new planes sit on the groud up in ewr without crews a few times

I was looking over our official "Crewmember Handbook" while laying in bed trying to recover from a herniated disk, and it states that Sick leave is a privilege and not a benefit...I never really realized what small value they place upon all the hardwork and BS that we deal with everyday. I have absolutely flown sick, injured or disabled for the last time at CJC. I have always tried to be a "company man" and "pilot group man" from day one. With my main loyalty to the people I work with everyday. My faith in our systems control (dispatch, crew sked and maint. control) is just about nil these days. It is amazing to me how the management has such an uncanny knack for alienating their best people.
For example, I was told that a member of my crew wasn't my personal responsibility. B**S***. A brand-new 22 year old with 335 hours TT is my responsibility until we are off-duty whether I called off sick during the pairing or not...It's called being an airline pilot! Anyway, this Hydrocodone and Flexeril is really kicking in rant complete!

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

In other news...136MJ is in the back of the hangar in HYA doing it's Raytheon turn-in work...Another to follow next month..WFTO?

I was looking over our official "Crewmember Handbook" while laying in bed trying to recover from a herniated disk, and it states that Sick leave is a privilege and not a benefit...I never really realized what small value they place upon all the hardwork and BS that we deal with everyday. I have absolutely flown sick, injured or disabled for the last time at CJC. I have always tried to be a "company man" and "pilot group man" from day one. With my main loyalty to the people I work with everyday. My faith in our systems control (dispatch, crew sked and maint. control) is just about nil these days. It is amazing to me how the management has such an uncanny knack for alienating their best people.
For example, I was told that a member of my crew wasn't my personal responsibility. B**S***. A brand-new 22 year old with 335 hours TT is my responsibility until we are off-duty whether I called off sick during the pairing or not...It's called being an airline pilot! Anyway, this Hydrocodone and Flexeril is really kicking in rant complete!

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Couln't say it better myself. Does this not further convince all of us we need ALPA and a collectively bargained contract? ALPA now, people.

Latest resources

Back