• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan picking up 10 ex Mesaba/Pinnacle SAABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, if Mesaba liquidates, there will be 49 B+ up for grabs! However, your management will probably ask for concessions, in return for growth.

Disclaimer: This statement includes cynical sarcasm induced by overwhelmingly poor and pathetic management at Mesaba and IS NOT intended to offend our Colgan brethren.

No offense taken. I think we all wish our fellow Saab drivers at XJ good luck in your future.

I've always heard the B+ flies more like a truck because of the extended wing but same size aileron. (Not that any Saab flies like a sports car by any means.)
Then again, I have been known to be very wrong on numerous occasions. ;)

Hi,
I heard that they have been looking at a 4th codeshare for awhile, and it was probably going to be west and more SAABs. Also, heard that UAL was looking for CJC to more flying for them out of IAD. The rumors that CJC is getting SAAB 2000s, DHC-8-Q400s, etc... are just that. rumors.

Regards,

Ex-Navy Rotorhead

No, really. In all honesty:
ARE THE SAABS REALLY ALL THAT BAD? I'm gettin' worried....as I'll be flying for "Colgan Mainline soon...."

Beech, No, Saabs are not as bad as everyone makes it out. Saabs are tanks if you fly a beech the saab is a big upgrade, not that the beech is a bad bird. I wish i could have flown the 1900. You are already familiar with the colganoscopies the saab is a no brainer. Good Luck..........

I actually like the ol Saab, although it's easy to pick on. I talked to a Shuttle guy in STL who was a transition from the ERJ to the E170 but originally flew the Saab 340. He said it was the most fun airplane to fly and he missed it. Now I'm not exactly sure how much meth this guy was on, but it made me feel good anyway. ;-) ha ha.

Latest resources

Back