Colgan picking up 10 ex Mesaba/Pinnacle SAABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Red tail Sabb

I do not know if it was doing touch and go's prior to leaving...or if it was two sabbs...but I actually saw them flying out of Millington this afternoon right about 5:55PM or so. I was in the outside pool on base and I heard it coming then I saw it climb out and bank right! AWESOME!

Good Luck Colgan I may need to send a resume soon!

dingo222 said:
I've heard the rumor but not sure how valid it is. I hear they are old XJ planes being released by pinnacle or something. They have some sort of A/C unit in the tail that is not an APU.......................... THey also run on diesel, have HUD's, go MACH 2, and make all FA's look 30 pounds lighter.

Where did you hear it from?

Jet-A is diesel.

suupah said:
but yo, he is a jet pilot. so he would know

you know, you are exctly right.. I should just shut my mouth and adjust the condition levers.

how did that jingle bells song go?

MEL
MEL
Prop sync took a s#!t

dal757 said:
How long is it taking newhires to get IAH base?

A few have gotten it right out of class. However, right now I think the wait time will increase. We have more FO's than lines at the moment due to reduction of the summer schedule.

Also, do you really want it? You'll sit reserve for several months at least and then stand-up's for several more - maybe 30 hours flight time per month at best. Go to the NE, hold a line immediately, and get 70 hours a month. Building time for upgrade is important.

Beech Balls said:
No, really. In all honesty:
ARE THE SAABS REALLY ALL THAT BAD? I'm gettin' worried....as I'll be flying for "Colgan Mainline soon...."

No, they're not. It's a good honest airplane with, like all airplanes, it's own set of quirks.

ERJFO said:
Jet-A is diesel.

Jet-A is not diesel, thats why one is called diesel and the other Jet-A. They are distilled to different specifications. They are similiar, but different, just like a CRJ to an ERJ. They do the same thing, in a different way.

The BTU's in a gallon of jet fuel is higher than a gallon of diesel fuel:

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2000-03/953774152.Ch.r.html

Latest resources

Back