• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan picking up 10 ex Mesaba/Pinnacle SAABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO its for real this time. I think it's a combined deal with getting the 50 seaters for Continental. I expect we will expand not only IAH but EWR and CLE.

HaHa - YEA RIGHT!

I heard the "New SAABS" will get USAir Paint because they are real "Heavy" and some of the "Lighter" USAir SAABS will get United paint. The old Biz Ex Saabs have been around like 6 years and some of them are light (I think 9Cj is just at 19K and some of these new ones come in like at 19.6 or so) and need paint. The loads are better on the United side where the weight matters.

Have not heard any news on growth but did hear a while back that any new growth would probably be on the United side.

DoinTime said:
Seems like they are the old PCL/XJ/PCL Saabs. They had electrically driven vapor cycle machines for AC in the front and rear when they were at PCL. While B models aren't to exceptionaly nice they are better than A models.

I would disagree, the three A models we had at Mesaba were ten times more reliable than those pinnacle B's. Our maintenance hated them too, I don't blame them.

I heard that they were only getting the saabs to use the cargo doors... the goal is to have every airline represented by the cargo door, i know we already have an american eagle cargo door, i guess now we will have some red cargo doors, oh and the crew hatches will all be red now.

im still not sure where the planes will wind up. WE sure could use a few spares! I read in the lynchburg,va paper that they were looking for uni-ted service and that colgan was in talks with them. I agree, we can't take the weight on that side of the house. the loads are just too heavy.......

HOLY CRAP! Did anyone just here what I heard on the confernce call yesterday? Q400's !!!!!!!!!!!!!! No freaking way!!!!!!!!!!!!

TNHillbilly said:
I heard that they were only getting the saabs to use the cargo doors... the goal is to have every airline represented by the cargo door, i know we already have an american eagle cargo door, i guess now we will have some red cargo doors, oh and the crew hatches will all be red now.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back