• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan picking up 10 ex Mesaba/Pinnacle SAABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colgan Expanding - Could there be truth to this?

With all the roomers, I noticed Climbto350.com has Colgan posting hiring pilots every other day. Why are they interviewing so much? Maybe the roomers are coming true. Delta codeshare, more USair codeshare, more United codeshare, or even the dreaded more Contental codeshare?

Whats your guess?

Oh and to judge a winner pick the codeshare and the date of offical announcement!

SAAB B+ 29000 mtow, 28500 ldgwt, 26500 zerofuel. Straight B's (B- for the XJ gang) use the same numbers. SAAB A 28000 mtow, 27200 ldgwt, 25700 zerofuel. There was a big difference between flying the B's and B+'s. If I remember right (been six months) controll force on the yoke was different with the straight b's needing a lot more. They didn't seem to perform as well either but that may have just been me. They all paid the same so in the end I didn't really care. I loved flying the SAAB, I am glad for the opportunity and would have enjoyed more time and running the tiller. One negative though, the new weight and balance numbers are killing the usefulness of the SAAB. If you are going to be using these on routes with heavy loads get ready for some angry pax. I would just sit up front and hang my head as they begged for someone to give up their seat. I hope that was just a NWA thing not industry standard. Cya

Ohyeah, 250 on the speed. One more neg on the straight b's then I'm done. The radios are horable just like the A's. The B+ in my oppinion had much better radios. Cya

MID WEST FOR UNITED EXPRESS is my bet! Dec for routes, more planes within the new year... Just a guess based on rumor

Hulk is right on.

The B+ Saabs were light on the controls while the B's (A+/B-) were extremely stiff. 590MA was a great example as well as the PX junkers we picked up. If given a choice between any of the 20 some A models at XJ vs. a straight B, I choose the A every time. I'm tearing up thinking of 110, 68, 79, etc...

"And here are your new comrades... 300 hrs and rarin' to go!"
Umm, "what is a turbine? Or what is a departure procedure?"
ahhahah
We all have to start somewhere!

erj-145mech said:
Jet-A is not diesel, thats why one is called diesel and the other Jet-A. They are distilled to different specifications. They are similiar, but different, just like a CRJ to an ERJ. They do the same thing, in a different way.

The BTU's in a gallon of jet fuel is higher than a gallon of diesel fuel:

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2000-03/953774152.Ch.r.html

Am I the only one to point out the nerds here? Is it a coinkidink that there is a seperate debate about the chemical makeup of jet fuel between people with ERJ in their names?

Colgan Rules.. Saabs Rule.. PQI Rules!!!

Latest resources

Back