Colgan picking up 10 ex Mesaba/Pinnacle SAABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gnx99 said:
You Colgan guys better be praying they're not the N3xxPX series straight B's. :laugh:

I bet you they are, I hated flying those pinnacle saabs. The only times I got stranded somewhere was because of those airplanes.

Northern Lights said:
True, but didn't the PX planes have two ACs? One in front and back?

At least they'll finally get a new paint job!

Seems like they are the old PCL/XJ/PCL Saabs. They had electrically driven vapor cycle machines for AC in the front and rear when they were at PCL. While B models aren't to exceptionaly nice they are better than A models.

dingo222 said:
I hear they are old XJ planes being released by pinnacle or something. They have some sort of A/C unit in the tail that is not an APU.......................... THey also run on diesel, have HUD's, go MACH 2, and make all FA's look 30 pounds lighter.

I was with you right up to the last part. Then I knew you were making it up.

If it's the old 9E N---PX's...

They've been sitting up at NQA cooking for a few months. Well done B models. Dead airport, dead airplane storage. Good luck Colgan maintenance.

Reverse, damn, u caught the tater............. I would have pulled it off if it wasn't for those damn kids......

So now that we are getting some old planes, who's going to throw down money on where they are going???? I've got 5 bucks that the 4 worst of the 10 planes wind up on the United side.

turbinesurgeon said:
I bet you they are, I hated flying those pinnacle saabs. The only times I got stranded somewhere was because of those airplanes.

I would rather be flying the b-models than what I am flying now.... nothing.

compared to the ole shuttle dawgs those newer B's have to be an improvement course compared to those old pigs 172's would be better!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back