• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan new aircrafts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What else is new Pinnacle PEOPLE get screwed buy management. This will be interesting to see what ALPA decides to do about this. Atleast Phil should be making some money being they just got their stock options a month ago.

Rich,

What really suprised me somewhat, was the arrogance of Nonconnah in announcing in the Memphis Business Journal that Pinnacle purchased the aircraft...to be flown by Colgan...etc....everything was Pinnacle. They are so emboldened that they aren't trying to skirt around scope. Just as Hunt said to AV week. They are unconcerned about pilot agreements. If I were them I would have downplayed the issue and led everyone to believe that Colgan had purchased the aircraft. Their ego's are just too big for that.

We all saw this one coming. The deliveries start in December, plenty of time for whatever legal proceedings to go forward. I do not understand the reluctance of the Colgan pilots to combine. They have far more to gain even now.... than standing alone. There has been an announcement of a conference call on Friday. I plan to push the executive team some questions about Q400 pay and the likelyhood that they will hire off the street captains at Colgan to staff the expansion.....I bet the questions won't be answered politely ........
Heh heh... NONE too politely, I'm sure you're right.

I guess the arrogance doesn't really surprise me. While testifying on a pilot's behalf in Federal Court against the company, I got to see first-hand how little Pinnacle Management thinks of pilots and of contracts in general.

The company doesn't have anything to lose either way. The legal team is already paid for. The law suit will have time to make it to court BEFORE they begin operating the aircraft so, if they lose, there are no damages to pay; they simply shift the flying back to PCL pilots and combine the two operations. Worst-case scenario for Nonconnah.

If they win, they get to grow with other business as-planned, all with Colgan pilots, Street Captains as well, all while leaving PCL pilots to fester under pressure to sign a new T.A. to enjoy any growth.

Colgan pilots will certainly get a better pay rate for this new aircraft (albeit still well under industry standard), and they all become Captains as quickly as the aircraft come on property, so Nonconnah is betting they won't organize for years to come.

Eventually, the NWA contract will expire, the CRJ's will start to go away, and PCL will be shrunk just like it was 10 years ago. History will repeat itself.

It's a win-win, either way, for management, from a purely money-generation standpoint. That's why it was so easy to see coming.

Good luck to all my PCL friends; it's going to be a rough battle, emotionally as well. Hope you get a judge who actually believes in justice and honoring contracts as they were intended at Date Of Signing.

My version of the MasterCard commercial for Pinnacle Holdings.

Buying Colgan Air.... $20 million dollars

Selling a note gain money to buy Q400s..... $283 million dollars

Telling Pinnacle pilots that their ALPA proposal contract (only 50 million dollars more over its four year duration) is TOO EXPENSIVE.... PRICELESS!

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's PT and his cronies at Nonconnah Blvd.

n32,

Your right. I think it's amazing how silly the PCL management has been in dealing with this pilot contract issue. They just keep on making announcements about all the other issues that will bring in more money. How do you come to the table NOW and say we are broke? The industry just keeps getting better, and management just keeps sticking their head in the sand.

They would have done SOOO much better if they would have pushed harder for a agreement earlier before all this stuff has hit the press. If I were in a management position, I would want to negotiate before all the good news comes out. Are these guys really that whack?

Last edited:
Continental has purchased the CAPACITY, and the capacity ONLY. ...

What that means is that Continental has purchased the rights to place whoever THEY want in those seats, no one else can sell tickets for them.

As a nice little side bonus, it means that a non-revving Continental pilot will bump a non-rev Colgan/Pinnacle pilot off of his own airplane, because he'll have a higher non-rev priority on this now-Continental-controlled flight.

CommutAir gets to enjoy that little detail on its CLE flights now, and some of their pilots have missed commutes because of it.

Nice, eh?

n32,

Your right. I think it's amazing how silly the PCL management has been in dealing with this pilot contract issue. They just keep on making announcements about all the other issues that will bring in more money. How do you come to the table NOW and say we are broke? The industry just keeps getting better, and management just keeps sticking their head in the sand.

They would have done SOOO much better if they would have pushed harder for a agreement earlier before all this stuff has hit the press. If I were in a management position, I would want to negotiate before all the good news comes out. Are these guys really that whack?

The management clowns are solely there to impress the shareholders.......new airplanes and more revenue impresses the shareholders=more outside investment=more money for management. Giving the pilots more money does not impress the shareholders and won't get the same increase in investment. Management follows the bigger carrot...end of story.....

Question? Are those 9E guys complaining on this web board the same guys that walked through DTW and MSP with a smile on their face as they replace Mesaba's flying with their fancy new CRJ's. Are these also the same 9e guys that while Mesaba pilots were fighting for their jobs just a few months ago couldn't get anything in writting from the 9E ALPA union that they would not fly struck work...even the NWA pilots publicly came out in support for Mesaba. Are these the same 9E guys that wouldn't take a Mesaba pilot with the same deal Mesaba gave 9E pilots back in the late 90's...yes you know what I'm talking about.
Now your whinning and crying because you feel your getting screwed by Colgan pilots. TOO BAD you've been doing it for years to the Mesaba Pilots now you get to enjoy yours.
Also how do you think NWA will respond to this. NWA has always wanted 100% control of their feed. Do you think your still getting those 17 CRJ with no pilot contract and now this.
I would be very concerned with how NWA responds to this...especially since they now own 100% of Mesaba and Compass will get off the ground.

Perhaps the pilots of 9E will see first hand what it's like too how bad it really can get.

Sorry guys but you deserve it.

Question? Are those 9E guys complaining on this web board the same guys that walked through DTW and MSP with a smile on their face as they replace Mesaba's flying with their fancy new CRJ's. Are these also the same 9e guys that while Mesaba pilots were fighting for their jobs just a few months ago couldn't get anything in writting from the 9E ALPA union that they would not fly struck work...even the NWA pilots publicly came out in support for Mesaba. Are these the same 9E guys that wouldn't take a Mesaba pilot with the same deal Mesaba gave 9E pilots back in the late 90's...yes you know what I'm talking about.
Now your whinning and crying because you feel your getting screwed by Colgan pilots. TOO BAD you've been doing it for years to the Mesaba Pilots now you get to enjoy yours.
Also how do you think NWA will respond to this. NWA has always wanted 100% control of their feed. Do you think your still getting those 17 CRJ with no pilot contract and now this.
I would be very concerned with how NWA responds to this...especially since they now own 100% of Mesaba and Compass will get off the ground.

Perhaps the pilots of 9E will see first hand what it's like too how bad it really can get.

Sorry guys but you deserve it.

Wow.

Just, wow.

Latest resources

Back