• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan new aircrafts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You talked earlier about NWA's scope and 55 seats. If Pinnacle inc. win the suit and fly the Q400, won't that be a violation of NWA's scope?
No.

The Scope language with Northwest only addresses planes that are flown BY Northwest OR that are flown FOR the Northwest system.

These Q-400's will not be owned by or even operated FOR Northwest; they will be flown for Continental.

There is no gripe by the Northwest pilots because they never would have been able to fly them anyway, even if Scope wasn't an issue. Northwest pilots fly Northwest aircraft. If the airplane is going to another airline (CAL, UAir, DAL), they don't care.

You talked earlier about NWA's scope and 55 seats. If Pinnacle inc. win the suit and fly the Q400, won't that be a violation of NWA's scope?

That is old scope. As of our new ASA, we can fly up to 76 seats new without violating any NWA scope.

Yup, the Key Word is Pinnacle Airlines...Not Pinnacle Airlines CORP!!! There is a HUGE difference. If you guys don't know the difference, no wonder your management is so easily able to screw you at every turn.

I didn't write your scope, I just know how it is being interpreted by management and how it will be by any court, if you bring a lawsuit. I'm sure ALPA knows it too. Again, we didn't write it, from what you say, you did.

I have said time and time again that I wish nothing bad for either pilot group and what we want is what you want...to keep the companies separate, us operating Turboprops, you the jets. To say or imply that I am attacking or wishing anything negative on 9E pilots just tells me that you haven't actually read my posts very carefully.

I just want you all to be realistic about where you stand and stop telling us what to YOU think WE should do. I think most Colgan pilots don't feel a bit of remorse about flying Q400s. That is and always was OUR flying, period.

Pinnacle Inc. is aquiring another company. That falls under our scope. If management wanted to merge the companies, and the Pinnacle Pilots didn't want to merge mamangement could force a merger under the Railway Labor Act. The same applies if the Pinnacle Pilots want to merge and management doesn't. The contract is binding to both parties regardless of their interests at the time.

For example: If Pinnacle Inc. bought American Eagle Pinnacle pilots may not want a merger under the by-laws, but we would be binded under the contract.

So you see, what we as individuals think is right and wrong, or we fly this and they fly that really doesn't matter.

Usually the Railway labor Act and contracts are to the benefit of management. 4 years of negotiations at ASA is unbelievalbe. Pinnacle management wants current contract, and with the current administration in Washington they are having a easy time getting what they want by stalling negotiations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtchaz
I think most Colgan pilots don't feel a bit of remorse about flying Q400s. That is and always was OUR flying, period

Eh...em.

The Q400s are not YOUR flying. They are Continental's. You are just a sub-contractor for Continental. Easy come easy go. Here today gone tomorrow. You are just the flavor of the month.

Never ever forget that when you work at a regional or you will be very disappointed in the coming years while there.

P.S. I hear Colgan is getting rid of their 1900s. Too many airplane types.

The 20 million Pinnacle used to buy Colgan is coming from our retro pay as far as I am concerned.

How do you like that?

it's not your retro pay, it's your stockholders money. Doesn't make it right, but with the current trend with the courts and organized labor, it's an uphill battle at the least.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back