• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Bringing the Q to ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure, Delta can gas up the 757 if they want and jet off to CHA, CSG, AGS etc... all they want. But since we all know, those routes are not likely to be mainline, they have been serviced historically by ASA for the past 30 years! It would be nice to see it stay with ASA and not Colgon Air or Commutair or some other bottom feeder.

Does ASA do the marketing? ticket sales? ramp operations? pay for the fuel? what livery is on the plane? ASA flew the routes because they were paid to do so. They provided a service and was paid for the service. They OWN Nothing. You all suck

Does ASA do the marketing? ticket sales? ramp operations? pay for the fuel? what livery is on the plane? ASA flew the routes because they were paid to do so. They provided a service and was paid for the service. They OWN Nothing. You all suck

Well, in fairness, ASA did do all of that before we became a DCI carrier. Oh, and the planes said ASA too.

Oh for crying out freaking loud! Nevermind! I get it. Delta owns the routes. Whatever! Big deal! Does Delta or has Delta ever flown the big iron to Chattanooga or Hilton Head???? That was my damn point. ASA has flown those routes for Delta for years and years and years, and it would be nice if it were ASA to keep flying those routes, for Delta, in the future..........and not Colgon, or Pinnacle, or Expressjet, or Mesaba or Freedumb or Chautauqua or anyone else.

Get it????

So sorry if I stepped on the toes of any over sensative Delta pilot who wants to make sure us scooter trash Regional boys stay in our place and know who the big boss is!

For crying out loud, does the General hold classes on this kind of nonsense in the parking lot?

PS.....Cool side.......you are an a$$hole!

I still get a good laugh when one regional pilot calls another regional pilot a bottom feeder.

Keep 'em coming!

I still get a good laugh when one regional pilot calls another regional pilot a bottom feeder.

Keep 'em coming!

Oh Lord, I wish I was a major dude like you.

Oh Lord, I wish I was a major dude like you.

If you were a major dude like me you wouldn't be like me since I'm not a major dude, dude.

Maybe the company can find a way to cut 10% in costs without taking it from pilot pay. Efficiencies elsewhere. Maybe the Q would be cheaper to operate than the ATR with less maintenence costs, etc....

I hear ya'. I'd like to think that would be true. I'd like to.
I do agree, however, that the MX costs on the ATR have to be significantly higher now than even just a few years ago. The soon to be departed ATRs at ASA are getting to be quite long in the tooth.

At any rate, it would be nice to see ASA keep the flying that is rightfully ours, and historically ours. Since the contract was signed and the ramp and operation have taken dramatic turns for the better (just look at the latest DOT stats) we have been hearing how we are in good position for new flying. It is no secret that we are keeping ourselves fat on pilot staffing, so we should be well equipped to keep flying in our one and only domicile without Delta bringing in yet another bottom feeder airline.

I like the sentiment here, but disagree. Historically, the flying has gone to whoever would do it for the cheapest. XJT had/has a good product, but it didn't fit with what the accountants at Continental thought was cheap.

We are fat on pilots, at the moment. I think I can safely say that we will not be for long. Either we get some 'new' flying, or...

nope, but I do know that Colgan pilots are bottom-feeding scumbags who fly that big Q for peanuts. Makes me want to vomit.
Pretty bad isnt it that NOW a bottom feeder is making more than a CRJ700 Capt, crawl back to your hole and lick your wounds fly boy.

Which airline would you be speaking of? Colgans pay for the Q is far below even Mesa rates so I am curious!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back