• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Bringing the Q to ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of a job like you? Looks like that 747 wasn't too profitable!!!

I fly a Lear 45 for a very rich owner in Boca Raton. He is currently putting up money for a production line spot on a Challenger 300, which will increase my pay even more. Not only am I the Captain, but I also get paid extra to run the flight department. I probably make a lot more money than you do. I used to fly 747-200s in the right seat for Tower Air, and yes, like your RJs, they were fuel inefficient and did not make enough money. Some advice for you, accept a corporate gig or apply to Netjets.

Last edited:
Fact.........

Delta, like I said, can go ahead and load up the mad dog and take 42 people to MLU, AGS, CSG or anywhere else all day long if the want.

What? That doesn't sound like a good business plan? Maybe they will lose a lot of money doing that. Oh, nevermind then.

Business plan? Business sense?

Put 42 fare-paying passengers in and ATR, and you are well north of profitable. Delta must really value the ATR's contribution....Oh, wait: nevermind.

:angryfire

I fly a Lear 45 for a very rich owner in Boca Raton. He is currently putting up money for a production line spot on a Challenger 300, which will increase my pay even more. Not only am I the Captain, but I also get paid extra to run the flight department. I probably make a lot more money than you do. I used to fly 747-200s in the right seat for Tower Air, and yes, like your RJs, they were fuel inefficient and did not make enough money. Some advice for you, accept a corporate gig or apply to Netjets.

Then shouldn't you be in the "Flies a Lear for a rich owner in Boca Raton" section of FI?

Keep your advice, pal. You are no different, certainly no better, than any one of us.

Business plan? Business sense?

Put 42 fare-paying passengers in and ATR, and you are well north of profitable. Delta must really value the ATR's contribution....Oh, wait: nevermind.

:angryfire

Great Point!!!!

I often wonder...............

Then shouldn't you be in the "Flies a Lear for a rich owner in Boca Raton" section of FI?

Keep your advice, pal. You are no different, certainly no better, than any one of us.

So he can't comment on the regional industry? Who are you to say that?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Fact.........

Delta, like I said, can go ahead and load up the mad dog and take 42 people to MLU, AGS, CSG or anywhere else all day long if the want.

What? That doesn't sound like a good business plan? Maybe they will lose a lot of money doing that. Oh, nevermind then.

How do you know Delta would only be able to put 42 pax on a MD-88 from Hilton Head to ATL. Never say never or always. Hell, they used to fly a MD-11 from JAX to ATL. There are some airlines in this world that fill 747's on :45 min flights, like Dammam to Riyadh Saudi Arabia. Mabey the flying public would see they are getting on an airliner for their trip from Valdosta to Atlanta and not a tiny "commuter-jet" and change their minds from driving. Delta made a business decision to give ASA their routes, based on many factors, and these decisions are sometimes are above the pay grade of a what a pilot knows!

How do you know Delta would only be able to put 42 pax on a MD-88 from Hilton Head to ATL. Never say never or always. Hell, they used to fly a MD-11 from JAX to ATL. There are some airlines in this world that fill 747's on :45 min flights, like Dammam to Riyadh Saudi Arabia. Mabey the flying public would see they are getting on an airliner for their trip from Valdosta to Atlanta and not a tiny "commuter-jet" and change their minds from driving. Delta made a business decision to give ASA their routes, based on many factors, and these decisions are sometimes are above the pay grade of a what a pilot knows!

Please pardon the grammatical error.

An MD-88 trying to takeoff out of HHH. That would be a sight.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back