• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CNN is AGAIN talking about carburetor ice in fuel injectors!

WTF?!?

Ok, ok. I'm gonna switch to decaf...

Specualtion or not...there will be many of our friends and coworkers flying this very same A/C and similar versions in similar conditions.

Even if our theories are proven wrong in this case, there is nothing wrong with planting seeds into the back of our collective minds to keep us safe in the future.

God Bless all involved and affected by this.

I am on my *pilot* husbands login, but I would just like to say right now, as a pilot wife, my heart goes out to the wives/husbands of the crew. It has always been a fear, and hopefully never a reality of mine to not have my husband come home from a trip. Please, please men and women, fly carefully today and always. May God be with the families of all on board, and with all of you, as each of you fly everyday.

I am on my *pilot* husbands login, but I would just like to say right now, as a pilot wife, my heart goes out to the wives/husbands of the crew. It has always been a fear, and hopefully never a reality of mine to not have my husband come home from a trip. Please, please men and women, fly carefully today and always. May God be with the families of all on board, and with all of you, as each of you fly everyday.

Thank you PERSON's wife...I am in the middle of a trip and spent some time on the phone this morning with my wife as well. She gets very upset when she hears of these events, as they obviously hit very close to home for those of us in aviation.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those involved.

Very sad

A very crappy way to start a 3 day trip.

I can not imagine the pain that family members are feeling now. Very sad

God bless to you all

Alright now I have to clear my head and pack the Tuna Salad lunch kits for the trip.

Take Care all

You have to set the bar pretty low when watching news coverage after an accident (or just don't watch).

Two gems I saw and heard on Fox News:

1.) The A/C was carrying 5000 gallons of fuel.
2.) They showed a picture of a Saab 340 (this was about 11 hours after the accident). At least it had the correct paint scheme!

My two extremely speculative theories (both already brought up):

1.) Tail plane icing.
2.) Beta in-flight.

- Captain Marvin Renslow joined Colgan on September 9, 2005. Captain Renslow had flown 3,379 hours with Colgan Air.
- First Officer Rebecca Shaw joined Colgan on January 16, 2008. Ms. Shaw had flown 2,244 hours with Colgan Air.

Most junior Q400 capt hired: Sept 2005

It appears that he flew the Saab at Colgan first then upgraded to the Dash 8 on 11/18/2008.

These times have to be tt. She joined one year ago and flew 2244hrs?
Very, very sad for everyone involved.

M

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back