• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very sad day for the Buffalo community. Just last week they laid to rest 4 aviators from the 6/6 Cavalry at Fr. Drum who parished in Iraq. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

I'd agree that a tail icing/stall seems like a good theory at this point, but of course it could be anything. Flight control failure? I was reading an article the other day that NTSB wants us to now cycle the boots immediately instead of waiting for ice to build up. Not sure what the dash POH says about this. Does the Dash have an automatic cycle feature? My prayers are with them.

just want to say how sorry i am to here about this flight....i pray for all on board and the colgan crews and families....i was with colgan for 7yrs and had a great time and experience......

I'd agree that a tail icing/stall seems like a good theory at this point, but of course it could be anything. Flight control failure? I was reading an article the other day that NTSB wants us to now cycle the boots immediately instead of waiting for ice to build up. Not sure what the dash POH says about this. Does the Dash have an automatic cycle feature? My prayers are with them.

Dash has an auto cycle.. fast and slow, both are 36 seconds inflation cycles(6 sets of boots x 6 seconds) followed by either 24 seconds off or 144 seconds off depending on the speed setting. Boots on at first sign of ice detection is manufacturer rec.

cale

What a horrible way to start the day -- I felt sick when I first heard of it!

I wish that the talking heads on the news would just shut up already!

Geraldo was on a couple of hours ago praising Sulley and wondering how the crews experience level affected this crash.

After seeing the Saab picture and hearing the comment about 5000 gallons of fuel, I've decided to turn it off for a while.

Just now CNN says the FAA requires we disengage the autopilot every 5 minutes in icing. I love when I learn new regs via the news...

Can't believe we got to page 10 before someone mentioned fatigue.. I'm guessing we are going to learn there was a nice 10+ hour high leg day, as zasca said.. awareness goes to hell..
Crew was on duty at 13:30 flew 2 legs prior to ewr to buf.This gives crew about 9 hrs on duty

On CNN, a Resident and professional photographer who lives in the area where 3407 went down says everyone in the area "always knew" it was "just a matter of time" before there was a crash. He describes his fears: "When darkness appears, the planes have to fly lower and lower, not the noise, but the lights".

Huh?

Gotta turn off the TV

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back