• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this thread has run it's course. If you guys want to argue about the yaw damper on the J31...take it to a thread about the yaw damper on the J31.

Suggest we close this one down, Mods.

J31's did in fact have a yaw damper, it was just turned off for to's & lndgs making you think it had no yaw damper...

I rode on Corp express years ago into RDU and talked to a j31 capt about the yaw squirreliness (thinking it was mel'd) and found out they selected it off for to's & landings. (which was a norm for many a/c I learned.)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHMI_enUS311US312&q=jetstream+31+yaw+damper+?&btnG=Search
Our 3100's did not have yaw dampers. Our 3101's didn't have them either except for the 5 we got from Presidential (later ACA, Independent)

CorpEx was using Eagles 3200's

Our 3100's did not have yaw dampers. Our 3101's didn't have them either except for the 5 we got from Presidential (later ACA, Independent)

CorpEx was using Eagles 3200's

Hey Flyin you heard Walterslobjackmeofski, you

can't discuss yaw dampers in this thread!

Oh yeah and before I forget....

HEY WALTER STFU!! :smash:

Last edited:
Hey Flyin you heard Walterslobjackmeofski, you

can't discuss yaw dampers in this thread!

Oh yeah and before I forget....

HEY WALTER STFU!! :smash:
I didn't say you couldn't. I was just stating that a thread that started as a news gathering place in regards to CJC3407, then a discussion of the event and a pseudo-memorial to the crew, has somehow morphed into a "I've flown the J31 and know how it is equipped" thread.

I was just suggesting that, if the subject is going to change so drastically, why not discuss in another thread? But, then, I forget this is FI...where "dumb, self-centered pilot" stereotypes are proven true every hour...so, whatever.

But, then, I forget this is FI...where "dumb, self-centered pilot" stereotypes are proven true every hour...so, whatever.

Of course Walter is not self centered....

He just doesn't like the way the thread is going and

expects it terminated because it doesn't meet his

needs any more!
:eek:

The CJC Dash 8-400 has a Yaw Damper, doesn't it? I wonder if the crew knew that it was on for takeoff and landing. Or maybe they didn't know that their airplane had a yaw damper at all. How's that?

The CJC Dash 8-400 has a Yaw Damper, doesn't it? I wonder if the crew knew that it was on for takeoff and landing. Or maybe they didn't know that their airplane had a yaw damper at all. How's that?

Good job, looks like we are back on subject now.....

(pending walter's approval of course.....:eek: )

wow its been awhile. now where is that bobysamd guy?

I guess a lot of things have changed since the site changed hands. I miss those days.

I had over 200 posts just "vanish."

As far as the yaw damper is concerned, is someone here saying that the yaw damper played a role in the Colgan crash somehow?

Latest resources

Back