CO Pilot Suspended story?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Echopapa said:
Oh....I almost forgott...If you start at 21 years old...when you graduate college...then you only need to save $3737 a month. Which takes your take home pay way up to $2600.

Of course you have student loans and a job to find right out of college making 90K a year.....

But it still sounds very easy.

Plus 2600 is a lot to live on. Heck...you could even afford to buy a condo in a bad part of town with that.

Okay- I was hoping that this would all die down a bit, because it was not my intent to bring my finances into debate in this thread.

In fact, my post really didn't belong in the first place. But since this has failed to die off, let me clarify a few things.

First off, let me state that I think it's great that the pilots at CO are contributing to this guy. This is a perfect example of unity and brother(sister)hood if I have ever seen one, and exactly what one of the great benefits of the union is. I was a strong supporter of employee support programs, and contribute today at my employer like I have in the past.

That said, I stand firm in my belief that there are too many broke major airline pilots. I understand that it sucks to have your pay slashed and pensions cut. But geeze- I've never made six figures, and seem to be able to get by. Perhaps there are a few folks out there living beyond their means? But that's a topic for another thread.

As for my finances, it was never my intent to get into a pissing match over whose 401K (or weiner) is bigger. :) I'm just pointing out that it's possible to save significant amounts of money in a reasonable time. FWIW, my calculations aren't incorrect. You just make certain assumptions that are.

My calculations are based on current balances, modest growth, employer contributions (which are actually larger than my own), salary increases at contractual rates, profit sharing outlooks (paid into 401K funds and based on 20 years of historical data), and a contribution of at least 6% of our income. At no point does our contribution reach the 30K/year limit (although it does come close as we near retirement) The only thing that I did make a mistake on was the age at which I plan to retire (65 instead of 60) if I want to walk away with just under the 7 million. Otherwise I leave with about 5 mil. All I can say is it pays to start early (in our cases 22 and 24). I'll willingly eat ramen now, to have the option of caviar later. That's one thing my parents taught me. I'll also add that we have been rather fortunate with our investements and seen roughly 30% growth the past 3 years on our accounts, which has certainly helped.

As for your little "savings calculator", rather than use something that figures out an end figure, why not use a 401K calulator and input known variables for your "witch hunt". You'll find that they tend to be a bit more accurate.

http://www.bloomberg.com/analysis/calculators/401k.html

Last edited:
Jonny Sacko said:
Ya, I'm sorry man, but I'm with him, ..... How would you know? Do you have a friend working for Continental?? Maybe a relative, what do you base this on?

Well, yes, I do know people that work at CAL, but that has nothing to do with this. This information is all available to any ALPA member. The FPL scam is described in the last newsletter from the CLE LEC and is discussed in the minutes from the last Executive Council meeting at National. The new reps are also discussed in the newsletter from the CLE council. Any ALPA member can read these things in their ALPA.org mailbox.

Hi PCL!!

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying watching you get schooled by others who are tired of your junior-high attempts to legitimize yourself.

Were you picked on a lot as a child?

Although I suppose that it makes your weiner hard coming over here and talking tough.

When are you going to realize that all the union drum-pounding and a$$ kissing of mainline pilots will never make you into someone who paid their dues and earned their position? You are sooo desperate for respect. You crave it with every fiber of your being. And now you're an expert on the CAL MEC?

Save your trouser knees for a while.

Poser.

Last edited:
100LL... Again! said:
Hi PCL!!

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying watching you get schooled by others who are tired of your junior-high attempts to legitimize yourself.

Were you picked on a lot as a child?

Although I suppose that it makes your weiner hard coming over here and talking tough.

When are you going to realize that all the union drum-pounding and a$$ kissing of mainline pilots will never make you into someone who paid their dues and earned their position? You are sooo desperate for respect. You crave it with every fiber of your being. And now you're an expert on the CAL MEC?

Save your trouser knees for a while.

Poser.

Excellent analysis. I always found it interesting that of all the PFT children out there, this clown is the only one who as you so perfectly describe, tries to legitimize himself with diatribe and rhetoric.

I notice Mr. Expert does not have any info or response on why JP crossed the line. I guess it is just easier to sling mud and vile instead of facts and circumstances. For a guy who thinks PFT is such a grey issue, he sure spews in black and white.

What is even more hilarious is the fact that the LEC in CLE and their antics are one of the reasons that SBR is being pushed so hard at CAL. I wonder if PCL PFT boy knows that the CLE guys were a rubber stamp for the outgoing MEC? Probably not.

Am I correct this pft child s part of the union leadership at PCL?

Last edited:
imadumbpilot said:
They would have been recalled at this last MEC meeting had they not resigned. The resignation was, I think the right thing to do to save a little bit of face.

You are correct on all counts. I was pointing out a technicality to PFT boy to show that once again he was talking out of his rear blow hole.

I was infuriated they were not recalled and sent packing. However that is what ALPA has developed into these days. It doesn't matter where you are from a local or national level, the modes operandi is not to rock the boat.

P.S. Yes Occam and Rez, I talked to my representatives numerous times about this so hold the lecture.

100LL and Boeingman, I see that you have posted several messages on this thread. I can't see your posts, but I'm sure they are immature attempts at attacking me. That's a shame, because this is all I see when you post:

This message is hidden because 100LL... Again! is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because Boeingman is on your ignore list.

The two of you have the honor of being the only members on my ignore list! Sorry to disappoint you. Have a nice day.

PCL_128 said:
100LL and Boeingman, I see that you have posted several messages on this thread. I can't see your posts, but I'm sure they are immature attempts at attacking me. That's a shame, because this is all I see when you post:

This message is hidden because 100LL... Again! is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because Boeingman is on your ignore list.

The two of you have the honor of being the only members on my ignore list! Sorry to disappoint you. Have a nice day.

No problem PFT boy. I take it as an honor to be on your ignore list. However, it doesn't prevent others from making me show what a total idiot and hypocrite that you truly are. Although you do a fine job of that all by yourself.

Last edited:
He read the messages!!!!! He has NEVER pointed out that we're on his ignore list before this thread.

HI PCL!!!!!

How did you know that we were criticizing you? You obviously have a real complex about it.

If you were really ignoring us, you would not have responded, but the fact that you are essentially going: "Lalalala I can't heeeeaarrr, yoouuu!" is PROOF that you were so annoyed at my post and his that you HAD to try and snipe at us from behind an ignore filter.

COWARD. I'm man enough to read anything anyone says about me. Apparently, little boys who need to buy their way into their jobs have a very hard time dealing with criticism. The fact that you were hiding in the first place says volumes.

You have been owned, in much the same way that 350driver was owned. Right there on post #56.
And the best part is that we could not have done it without your help.

Last edited:
PCL 128,

You don't even work at Continental Airlines. Why are you on here trying to lecture senior pilots like Boeingman who were probably flying jets while you were breast feeding from your mom. So you logged on to the ALPA website and read a CAL newsletter... big deal.

seahorse said:
PCL 128,

You don't even work at Continental Airlines. Why are you on here trying to lecture senior pilots like Boeingman who were probably flying jets while you were breast feeding from your mom. So you logged on to the ALPA website and read a CAL newsletter... big deal.

Tip of the hat to you, sir.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back