• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO Pilot Suspended story?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the logic behind crew rest in coach in the 756 and BusinessFirst on the 737 and 777?

Flyerjosh said:
My wife and I make about 90K a year combined. Not a lot, but certainly enough for us to live comfortably, and put enough into retirement accounts that will keep us comfortable after we call it quits (right now with modest growth of about 5-6% they project to be about 7 million when we retire at 60).

You're going to have 7 million in a retirement plan, working as a regional pilot? You need to take some pay concessions...that's way too much government property for you to be possessing.

Uppercrust said:
The VP SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS CLASS! This is now way to treat an upper level leader of your company. That capt should be talked to and grilled by the CPO's. No questions asked. I would feel honored personally to have a member of my senior management on board my aircraft and would do anything to accomadate them. Senior level management should have been treated better in this case. Remember, were just the ones drivin the bus, they are the ones leading us!

Uppercrust is either a union radical being more sarcastic than I ever thought possible or a nutjob! Either way....you crack me up!

737 Pylt said:
Crusty.....Take him up to broke back mountain, and show him your super re-inforced knee pads.....He'll really appreciate that type of accomadation!

I think you're use to it at your company eh........

seahorse said:
Do you work at Continental Airlines?

No, but I am kind of curious how an employer can almost fire an employee for such a thing.

Evidently, the airline was able to give the pilot 90 days off without pay and then it was reduced to 30.

Even without a union, wouldn't an employer have to have grounds to fire you, give you 90 days off without pay or give you 30 days off without pay?

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just curious about whether or not the airline had a leg to stand on...you'd think they would have, considering that people do sue when wrongfully terminated from employment.

Pft=opportunist Scab

PCL_128 said:
Barking up the wrong tree on this one, Occam. The MEC has largely been replaced, including the SCAB MEC Chairman. Not to mention the fact that the MEC is under investigation at National for an FPL scam. Normally I'll defend the MEC members of any airline, but the CAL MEC was a joke until recently when most of them were replaced.

PCL you really need to STFU as once again you are talking out of your ass.

First of all, I despise the work of JP and his regime, but if ANYONE had a legitimate reason to scab it was him. I spent a long time out with a sign any many of us knew what his personal circumstances were in 83 and didn't mind. If you knew the true story you would probably feel like a total ass for your comments. Which is nothing new for you.

So again I say to you STFU about running your mouth with things you have zero knowledge or a depth of knowledge about. I earned the right for my opinion. You had Mommy and Daddy buy yours and then you prostituted yourself for Burger King wages. Who has more credibility here? Which one of us works for CAL?

The MEC was not "replaced", they resigned. Again STFU about things you have no knowledge of. Do you see the theme here you arrogant little pft child?

There were more than the MEC members under investgation but it is not being termed as a scam. It is also largely a closed issue as far as national is concerned. Once again STFU about things you have no knowledge of.

Last edited:
Flyerjosh said:
I think the company blows for suspending this guy. But it shouldn't have put him into such a position that he needs that much support from his fellow pilots (regardless of how generous they are or feel).

He doesn't need the money. Come talk to us in about ten years when you get a little less wet behind the ears about unity & support.

Flyerjosh said:
Sarcasm? Probably not. While I feel for the guy and the paycuts that he (and others) have taken, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy when you make 100-150K+ a year, and don't have at least a months worth of liquid salary saved up.

10000K would pay my mortgage for 7 MONTHS. Part of the reason that so many pilots out there at the majors have financial issues is that they live at the very max of their income, rather then living modestly.

Tie right into the pension arguements. While I think it totally sucks that pensions are getting cut- I have to wonder what these guys did with their money all of those years. My wife and I make about 90K a year combined. Not a lot, but certainly enough for us to live comfortably, and put enough into retirement accounts that will keep us comfortable after we call it quits (right now with modest growth of about 5-6% they project to be about 7 million when we retire at 60).

I think the company blows for suspending this guy. But it shouldn't have put him into such a position that he needs that much support from his fellow pilots (regardless of how generous they are or feel).

Hey dude, you think you may be just a bit bitter?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back