• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO Pilot Suspended story?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you know what he does or does not have saved up? The fact that many donated to this cause has nothing to do with his personal finances. He might have a years worth in the bank but that is not the issue. The pilots wanted to show support for an issue we take very seriously. Most will admit that it was our own union that sold away that seat on this fleet type and we are in the process of evaluating this and possible making a deal with management to have the seat restored but that is above my pay level.

IAHERJ

mine was sarcasm....take note of the smileys...

The VP SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS CLASS! This is now way to treat an upper level leader of your company. That capt should be talked to and grilled by the CPO's. No questions asked. I would feel honored personally to have a member of my senior management on board my aircraft and would do anything to accomadate them. Senior level management should have been treated better in this case. Remember, were just the ones drivin the bus, they are the ones leading us!

His points are accurate, and his opinions mirror that of a large portion of the CAL pilot group. Thus his present employer isn't of great importance.

PCL_128 has made the mistake of collossal ignorance once in his career, and he's not going to make that mistake again. By researching and following the goings on at his target carriers, he will be able to make solid choices. If every newhire stayed as well informed this scum-sucking industry would be a better place.

I don't work at CAL either, but I have read the Flight Pay Loss report in its entirety. Have you?

Flyerjosh said:
Sarcasm? Probably not. While I feel for the guy and the paycuts that he (and others) have taken, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy when you make 100-150K+ a year, and don't have at least a months worth of liquid salary saved up.

10000K would pay my mortgage for 7 MONTHS. Part of the reason that so many pilots out there at the majors have financial issues is that they live at the very max of their income, rather then living modestly.

Tie right into the pension arguements. While I think it totally sucks that pensions are getting cut- I have to wonder what these guys did with their money all of those years. My wife and I make about 90K a year combined. Not a lot, but certainly enough for us to live comfortably, and put enough into retirement accounts that will keep us comfortable after we call it quits (right now with modest growth of about 5-6% they project to be about 7 million when we retire at 60).

I think the company blows for suspending this guy. But it shouldn't have put him into such a position that he needs that much support from his fellow pilots (regardless of how generous they are or feel).

thanks Suzi Orman.

you sound like someone who just moved out of a CL65 and out of his moms basement.

How do you know what the guy had? he could have 250K+ in liquid savings..

but thanks for telling us your annual income, your mortgage payment, and your retirement forecasts.

Uppercrust said:
I would feel honored personally to have a member of my senior management on board my aircraft and would do anything to accomadate them.

Crusty.....Take him up to broke back mountain, and show him your super re-inforced knee pads.....He'll really appreciate that type of accomadation!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back