CO Pilot Suspended story?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeingman said:
The MEC was not "replaced", they resigned.
They would have been recalled at this last MEC meeting had they not resigned. The resignation was, I think the right thing to do to save a little bit of face.

VP in the Back

Chairmen, CEOs, Presidents, VPs, Directors - they all come and go. They show up change a couple things, for better or for worse, they collect their bonuses and stock options, spin the assets or perhaps the entire company then move on. They don't even necessarily stay in aviation.

Pilots have the most vested, long term interest in any airline. Unlike Management, if an airline folds the pilots start at the bottom, once again. That’s seniority, pay, retirement and schedule.

The previous Chairman, CEO and President at my airline refused to be treated any differently than any other employee or passenger. Management is just another group of people with different jobs. They can’t live without us, as much as they would like to, and unfortunately, we can’t live without them.

One of the best statements our previous Chairman, CEO and President ever made to me was, “I just wish everyone could see no one's job is any more important than anyone else’s.”

The VP rides in coach.

Last edited:
Flyerjosh said:
My wife and I make about 90K a year combined. Not a lot, but certainly enough for us to live comfortably.....that will keep us comfortable after we call it quits (right now with modest growth of about 5-6% they project to be about 7 million when we retire at 60).quote]

Since your so much into disclosure....how much of that 90K a year does your wife make?

Oh...and on the 7 Million....I call BS

Here is an online saving calculator: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/calc/savecalc.asp

Assuming your 25 (ha ha), and you save every year till your 60 at 6% you only need to invest $4892 a month (57K a year).

Time for math:

90 K a year....lets see you can shelter 30K (duel income) a year in a 401K....so that 60 K taxable...hmm....ok..then minus 25% (well assume a lot of deductions) for tax....45 K a year take home. Oh.... you still need to save an additional 27K to bring you yearly total to 57K to make your 7 million.....so...carry the one....Your takehome pay is about 18K a year after all your savings.

So you are living on $1500 a month. Thats increadibly reasonable. What is the big deal with all these stupid rich airline pilots that are pissing and moaning about their pensions going away. We can all just live on $1500 a month and be fine.

Last edited:
Oh....I almost forgott...If you start at 21 years old...when you graduate college...then you only need to save $3737 a month. Which takes your take home pay way up to $2600.

Of course you have student loans and a job to find right out of college making 90K a year.....

But it still sounds very easy.

Plus 2600 is a lot to live on. Heck...you could even afford to buy a condo in a bad part of town with that.

Occam's Razor said:
Who elected your FUBAR MEC?

Not picking a fight here. I'm just pointing out the way the system works.

Barking up the wrong tree on this one, Occam. The MEC has largely been replaced, including the SCAB MEC Chairman. Not to mention the fact that the MEC is under investigation at National for an FPL scam. Normally I'll defend the MEC members of any airline, but the CAL MEC was a joke until recently when most of them were replaced.

PCL_128 said:
Barking up the wrong tree on this one, Occam. The MEC has largely been replaced, including the SCAB MEC Chairman. Not to mention the fact that the MEC is under investigation at National for an FPL scam. Normally I'll defend the MEC members of any airline, but the CAL MEC was a joke until recently when most of them were replaced.

Do you work at Continental Airlines?

I wish I was a paying passenger on this flight and overheard this VP of revenue...errr (LOSS) management trying to to get the business/first seat. I would make sure my party and I sat right next to him then proceed to bad mouth management with a vengeance! Then finally turn to him and tell him to take a seat in coach already so we all can leave! I mean come on, you're riding for free and you are demanding a business/first class seat? The nerve! Typical management puke. Pilots have taken 30 to 50% cuts while management gets raises and incentives like their golden parachutes in order to retain the best "talent"? The LEAST he could have done when finding out their were crewmembers who needed a rest area was to immediately accept a coach seat.

seahorse said:
Do you work at Continental Airlines?

Ya, I'm sorry man, but I'm with him, ..... How would you know? Do you have a friend working for Continental?? Maybe a relative, what do you base this on?

Echopapa said:
Oh....I almost forgott...If you start at 21 years old...when you graduate college...then you only need to save $3737 a month. Which takes your take home pay way up to $2600.

Of course you have student loans and a job to find right out of college making 90K a year.....

But it still sounds very easy.

Plus 2600 is a lot to live on. Heck...you could even afford to buy a condo in a bad part of town with that.

YOU ROCK!!!! I've got tears still laughing at it!!! Brilliant

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back