Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
positive reinforcement for age 60
Leessee,
Current regs say less than age 60, dead pilot less than 60. Plane did not crash when he died, 65ers are gonna use this to support their position. You have the mad debating skills of my Lab. he is only 3, but keep trying though.
PBR

What about the 35 year old overweight, out of shape pilots I've seen who look like they've never exercised a day in their lives. I've seen some who looked ready to collapse after the walk-around.

Age is by no means the controlling factor in health and fitness both mental and physical.

Agreed! My wonderful Mother is 65+ and still runs marathons. She does spinning 6 days a week and lifts weights 3 days a week. She could probably out-run most of us here. When I walk around our crew room, I see numerous pilots both male and female who are ticking time bombs. 300+lb slobs......... who are an embarrasment to this profession. Point is that it doesn't matter how old you are, some people are health conscious and some aren't.

My deepest sympathies to the family and friends of our brother who has flown west.

This just shows that we should enjoy our life to the fullest each and every day as we never know when we may take that final flight west.

My condolences to both his immediate family and his Continental family.

I ask that, out of respect for those he left behind, we only leave condolences on this thread. His friends and relatives could easily be reading this board.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Really now......

In all reality, how many of us here have our "friends and family" reading this moronic board... I read it for a good laugh and to pass time when laying over...I'm fairly certain that my lovely wife and the rest of my friends have better things to do with their time.

As for the age 60 thing.....let's get over it...all the age 65 proponents (who are clearly discriminating against 70 year olds) don't want to offend this particular pilots family and friends but wish his family well.....they sure don't give a rats *** about the family of the pilot who has been furloughed since 2001 or the young pilot making 20k at ASA.....

As to the guy who asked about the life expectancy of pilots...I saw some acutarial tables a few years ago that are used for insurance purposes.....the life expectancy of a pilot working until 65 was 66.5 and it went up 2.5 years for every year that you stopped working before age 65. I wish I had kept the table...because it sure made an impression on me and is a big reason why I care not to work after 60.

As to the guy who asked about the life expectancy of pilots...I saw some acutarial tables a few years ago that are used for insurance purposes.....the life expectancy of a pilot working until 65 was 66.5 and it went up 2.5 years for every year that you stopped working before age 65. I wish I had kept the table...because it sure made an impression on me and is a big reason why I care not to work after 60.

You know I've heard a joke that pilot's retire at 60 and die at 61.

As for the age 60 thing.....let's get over it...all the age 65 proponents (who are clearly discriminating against 70 year olds) don't want to offend this particular pilots family and friends but wish his family well.....they sure don't give a rats *** about the family of the pilot who has been furloughed since 2001 or the young pilot making 20k at ASA.....

And what is the connection???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back