• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO Pilot Captain dies on takeoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why dont you guys take the age 60 argument to a different thread. We just lost a fellow aviator....show some respect.

dk

Mod Input: To quote the CNN article. "The pilot's name was not released." Let's please keep it that way. That means no crew pairings, no names, etc. In respect for the families. RIP

Typical

I knew before I even signed on that someone would try to use this single incident as "proof" that we should not change age 60.
May our fellow pilot rest in peace.

Being that this is a stressful occupation, does anyone know what the average age of death is of a career pilot?

Anyone have figures and whether it varies much from part 91, 135 or 121?

What about the 35 year old overweight, out of shape pilots I've seen who look like they've never exercised a day in their lives. I've seen some who looked ready to collapse after the walk-around.

Age is by no means the controlling factor in health and fitness both mental and physical.

You're wrong....those 35 year old fatties will be in even worse shape when they're 60...worse still at 65 (if they make it that far).

The Capt was getting checked out on the 757 by a Check Airman, who made the landing - according to my CAL buddy.

My apologies for posting INFORMATION on an INFORMATION board :rolleyes:

v1cutt, u are correct it was a captain upgrade that was getting checked out as a captain. the captain that was doing the ioe was from the training dept is what i had heard that had a massive heart attack. 58 years old.

Latest resources

Back