CO Pilot Captain dies on takeoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I missed where it said he was over 60.

The only positive reinforcement is for having experienced and qualified people in each seat for just such an occurance.

Hat's off to the First Officer and let's raise a toast to our friend flying west.

positive reinforcement for age 60

What about the 35 year old overweight, out of shape pilots I've seen who look like they've never exercised a day in their lives. I've seen some who looked ready to collapse after the walk-around.

Age is by no means the controlling factor in health and fitness both mental and physical.

The only positive reinforcement is for having experienced and qualified people in each seat for just such an occurance.

Hat's off to the First Officer and let's raise a toast to our friend flying west.

Yeah I didn't see that either however if he were over sixty he wouldn't have been flying, right?:rolleyes:

WD.

I think he meant: upgrade as soon as possible, because you may not know if you will make it to 65, much less 60.

Factual or not, there is a perception of flying over 60 as riskier than not. People are likely to listen to what the media tells them and not check the facts on their own. This has nothing to do with being "classy".

Latest resources

Back