• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO Pilot Captain dies on takeoff

Neither does the chocolate cake, big boy.:puke:

Lay off the chocolate cake pal!!! And besides, my mother says I am big boned, not fat.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure a couple years ago there was an article in the ALPA magazine that quoted a study of retired FedEx pilots. For that particular group the average age of death was 65. Now obviously the lifestyle of a FedEx pilot may or may not be similar to say that of a Southwest guy, just depends on what kind of flying they do I suppose.

But one thing is for certain, in most people, this job will take years off of your life, how many exactly is hard to say and it certainly will vary from one pilot to the next.

All we can do is take the best care of ourselves that we can and try to eat right and exercise when we get a chance. But I'll be the first to admit that planning to do these things and actually doing these things rarely coincide.

Again my condolences to the pilot's family. It's so hard when you don't even get a chance to say goodbye. I can only hope that he died doing something that made him happy.

There is a great deal of data about high altitude radiation exposure that is not readily available for public consumption. The gist of it as I understand it is that any time we go above FL250 we really start to absorb the Roentgens and if you fly high at night (same amount of radiation but less atmosphere above you due to cooling compression) we are really getting lit up.

Eat smart, exercise, and take your free-radical removal supplements like Beta Carotene and CO Enzyme Q 10 (Co Q10). When/if we ever start any deep space manned missions beyond the effect of earths protective magnetic field (eg. Mars, and beyond, the moon is actually under earths magnetic field effects) NASA will require their astronauts to take a daily regiment of supplements to aid their bodies in free radical removal.

Of course, eating lots of leafy, dark green vegetables helps. And for cying out loud, stay away from the Continental Cheese Burgers!!!!

Quiz to follow.

Latest resources

Back