• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO class breakdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i would bet that any new hire at CAL WHO IS 24 today will also retire at CAL in the top 5 of the seniority list, if CAL is still around in 36 years. this is not the only industry or way of life where having a connection or dad or mom in a place where they can help you out. we all have some friends that have had a easier way to where they are now, whether its becuase they had college paided for, got a great job working in dads law firm making great money to start 1 month after school or getting hired at CAL at 24. Not everyone who wants to fly for CAL or NWA or FEDEX will get thier wish, maybe you will get hired at ALaska Etc. Who said that life has to be eqaul and fair, life is life, you have your health have a job you enjoy so be happy with what you have work hard and you will eventually get what you want.

Last edited:
other than the 24 year old, are any of these people hired off the street, been hired without a 4 year degree????????

please, does anyone know?????

87 credit hours.............!

Stifler's Mom said:
I was wondering something similar, but I came up with this...

Graduate High School at 18, go to college for 4 years, and is now 22 years old. Let's say they start flying right out of college, then this leaves them with 2 years to build their hours (Part 121 or 135).

Go to college for 2 years, that leaves 4 years for Part 121 while working on a distance learning degree in the same time table.

I just finished reading every single post (54 for those of you counting) and nobody was able to answer the second posters question. Does anyone know what the competitive qualifications were for those hired????

Apologies to all for rehijacking the thread;) ,

Johnny

Last edited:
Here's the quals:

None were Talibans.

mckpickle said:
The freakin point is they were hired because their daddy is in the chief pilots office. But the 200 people that CAL hired (2 1/2 years ago)AND RESTRICTED from taking employment elsewhere will be junior in seniority to this guy.

Sucks to be you dude.

mckpickle said:
The freakin point is they were hired because their daddy is in the chief pilots office. But the 200 people that CAL hired (2 1/2 years ago)AND RESTRICTED from taking employment elsewhere will be junior in seniority to this guy.

I have one of those infemouse letters you speek of. I know for a FACT you were not RESTRICTEDf rom leaving. How do I know? Take a geuss.

You did not want to give up a sure thing even though you knew or should have smart enough to know the pigs would not be brought over all at once.

By the way no where in the letter did it say that all pigs would be brought over all at once before newhires.

Dang, erjdude. I can't believe you leaked it, on a crackpipe of all places... Does this mean I'm free to talk about it now??? Call me Tuesday evening (I'm back in MIA).

Bad-Andy said:
Dang, erjdude. I can't believe you leaked it, on a crackpipe of all places... Does this mean I'm free to talk about it now??? Call me Tuesday evening (I'm back in MIA).

Leaked what?;) Are you saying that a person who was FORMERLY a PIG might be able to get hired at CAL from another CO(not exjet)? I think its possible.:)

All I did was bust Steves chops for trying to impli he could not take outside employment due to the letter. When in reality he didnt want to take the risk.

Latest resources

Back