• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO class breakdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does the age has to do with this issue!

What does the age 24 has to do with getting hired with CAL!

Good for this imaginary person!

I personally think if you can't make it, be happy for others!

Not evereybody that was hired at 24 has a Daddy in management. I was hired at 24, with no inside help.

That was a few moons ago at TWA.

Yeah... what difference does being 24 make? For all we know the 24 year old could have more experience than some career changer that's 40. That's as stupid as assigning seniority in the class based on age, what makes the older folks deserve the higher seniority? ...age doesn't nessessarily mean experience or dues paid.

Im sure this guy is qualified for the job. However He didn't interview 2 1/2 years ago. He wasn't restricted from leaving Express Jet and applying at ANY other airline. And I doubt he has 5000 hours flying Continental customers around for 8 1/2 years.

Continental made a commitment to a couple hundred pilots. Now they see fit to place these pilots at a seniority slot behind many many others.

Thats the point.

No offense but if you take any "commitment" that an airline makes at face value, you are nuts. I am on your side. If a co. makes a commitment, they should honor it. Unfortunately, many airlines have shown that they do not care about their employees or what they think. Look at USAirways, United, etc. Look at the commitments made and promises broken. Not only that, but if you have all this great experience you speak of, you probably could have gotten a job somewhere else already. How would CAL know if you applied anywhere else?

mckpickle said:
Im sure this guy is qualified for the job. However He didn't interview 2 1/2 years ago. He wasn't restricted from leaving Express Jet and applying at ANY other airline. And I doubt he has 5000 hours flying Continental customers around for 8 1/2 years.

Continental made a commitment to a couple hundred pilots. Now they see fit to place these pilots at a seniority slot behind many many others.

Thats the point.

Last edited:
I believe it is 4 classes a month for 48 a month total. I do not know the ratio of XJT folks to off-the-street hires. Do expect the 48 a month to continue for the foreseeable future (according to management). Latest rumor from the training department is the lease/purchase of 2-4 more 777 aircraft bringing the total to between 20 to 22 aircraft.

capt. megadeth said:
No offense but if you take any "commitment" that an airline makes at face value, you are nuts. I am on your side. If a co. makes a commitment, they should honor it. Unfortunately, many airlines have shown that they do not care about their employees or what they think. Look at USAirways, United, etc. Look at the commitments made and promises broken. Not only that, but if you have all this great experience you speak of, you probably could have gotten a job somewhere else already. How would CAL know if you applied anywhere else?

In our letters stating that we were hired it said to be eligable for CO employment we must remain employees of Express Jet.

Latest resources

Back