CO class breakdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATRedneck said:
Right. Why work your butt off when you can have Daddy get you a job?

Better yet, you could go steal somebody's job out from under them while they're trying to make it better.

JUST LIKE BUSH TWICE!:rolleyes:

BlondAmbition said:
I know for a fact that the 24 year old that was hired is indeed female. LOL!

Thank god because I would much rather stare at her then man boobs!

A 24 year old can realistically have a degree, 9 years of flying under their belt, 6 of those years in a professional capacity, and 1000 Turbine PIC. I fail to see the problem.

This weeks class,

TWA
ANG (2)
Ryan
XJT (2)
Polar
Mesa
ACA
Pacific Jet
Horshan Valley Airways

DOB's 66-'80

Cardinal said:
A 24 year old can realistically have a degree, 9 years of flying under their belt, 6 of those years in a professional capacity, and 1000 Turbine PIC. I fail to see the problem.

The freakin point is they were hired because their daddy is in the chief pilots office. But the 200 people that CAL hired (2 1/2 years ago)AND RESTRICTED from taking employment elsewhere will be junior in seniority to this guy.

Aside from who's son or daugter is in class, how does CO determine senority for a class drop? I think I remember hearing it's age.

capt. megadeth said:
No offense but if you take any "commitment" that an airline makes at face value, you are nuts. I am on your side. If a co. makes a commitment, they should honor it. Unfortunately, many airlines have shown that they do not care about their employees or what they think. Look at USAirways, United, etc. Look at the commitments made and promises broken. Not only that, but if you have all this great experience you speak of, you probably could have gotten a job somewhere else already. How would CAL know if you applied anywhere else?

Easy they will get the PRIA form. They will know you are looking for other work... OR the CP could be at recurrent training at the same place the airline you are interviewing at is and walk in for class the same time you are sitting in the lobby waiting for the interview to start.... Yea that was me and yea it was an awkward moment.

Cardinal said:

I was wondering something similar, but I came up with this...

Graduate High School at 18, go to college for 4 years, and is now 22 years old. Let's say they start flying right out of college, then this leaves them with 2 years to build their hours (Part 121 or 135).

Does CAL require a 4-year degree?

Obviously connections are a key to this industry. Sure wish I was 24 and starting at a major. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Jealousy?

I only wish I had the good sense to be born the son of a CAL management pilot. Only a fool would knowingly finance college and flight training by himself and work his way through up the industry ladder when opportunities like this are available.

Latest resources

Back