• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO class breakdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you are telling me that if you had a connection at 24 years old at a Major airline you wouldn't have taken the job? What really makes a person qualified to fly 121? Is it the demanding instrument approach? How about an instrument approach with en EP? I have argued that qualifications are not only determined by your total flight time. In fact it could hurt you becasue of this thing called complacency. (kind of like my spelling) I am not a company man, I think drive plane, collect check, but if I was on a hring board and found that there is a young qualified person for the job who impressed me during an interview, than I would hire him. This thread surprised me at the bitching of not getting the job yet or an interview. Most pilots I know are self made, including myself. Get over the fact that other people were hired and they are going to be senior to you at CAL forever. -W-

A new class starts today at CAL (June 14th) with 12 new hires. The next two classes will be on the June 21st with 16 and on the 28th with 20.

FWIW - The youngest in today's class is also 24. The youngest in the 21st and 28th classes are as old as 25 (if you can believe that?).

mckpickle said:
In our letters stating that we were hired it said to be eligable for CO employment we must remain employees of Express Jet.

Ok, but unless CAL is your dream job, how would they know if you applied somewhere else? In the mean time, you may have found something better and now you wouldn't care who CAL hired, know what I mean? I love how employers expect loyalty but give none in return. What a crock!
In any case, good luck.

white E said:
So you are telling me that if you had a connection at 24 years old at a Major airline you wouldn't have taken the job? What really makes a person qualified to fly 121? Is it the demanding instrument approach? How about an instrument approach with en EP? I have argued that qualifications are not only determined by your total flight time. In fact it could hurt you becasue of this thing called complacency. (kind of like my spelling) I am not a company man, I think drive plane, collect check, but if I was on a hring board and found that there is a young qualified person for the job who impressed me during an interview, than I would hire him. This thread surprised me at the bitching of not getting the job yet or an interview. Most pilots I know are self made, including myself. Get over the fact that other people were hired and they are going to be senior to you at CAL forever. -W-

I just love how some of you are defending this person, but if he was a she you all would be freaking out! The thread would go something like this:

"All you need is boobs to get hired at a major these days"

capt. megadeth said:
I just love how some of you are defending this person, but if he was a she you all would be freaking out! The thread would go something like this:

Your cute!;)

The 24 y/o in class right now is the son of the asst. chief pilot out in IAH that was a SCAB back in '83. He was a check airman at Gulfstream before getting the class at CAL. He was at GIA for about 3.5 or 4 years and was a flight instructor before that. Had his dad not been a CAL SCAB then he never would have made check airman at GIA (where the owner is an EAL SCAB) and he never would have gotten the job at CAL.

capt. megadeth said:
Ok, but unless CAL is your dream job, how would they know if you applied somewhere else? In the mean time, you may have found something better and now you wouldn't care who CAL hired, know what I mean? I love how employers expect loyalty but give none in return. What a crock!
In any case, good luck.

In the last 2 1/2 years who, better than CAL, was hiring? Southwest maybe...by why go and buy a type if you weren't sure you were going to use it.

Guys The only reason I bring up the experience level is that "experience" was thrown in our faces as a reason that they were going to hire other pilots and place them on the seniority list prior to the Express Pilots they hired over 2 years ago. They told us they were going to hire many of the ATA pilots and since they hade more experience than us they would get jobs first.

In the first class I saw ONE ATA pilot.

This is why I've raised the BS flag.

capt. megadeth said:

Does that include man boobs???

My wife and I have an ongoing bet to see whose boobs will reach their beltline first. Too close to call right now!

GP

Latest resources

Back