Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNN reporting a Lear Jet down at Chicago Executive, Wheeling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When i worked as a line guy in RFD and JVL i saw S. E. all the time in a C310. What an awesome, down to earth cool dude. He will be remembered..RIP

Man, words just can't say how much I feel for those families right now.

I think I'll follow a previous poster's advice, wait for the prelim accident data from the FAA, and simply wish the friends, family, and coworkers of those pilots my condolences.

To fly West is the final flight, we all must someday take...

Can someone explain the requirement of canceling IFR prior to circling ? Is this a PWK thing ? Haven't been into PWK for about 10 years and I can't recall any other towered airports that have such a requirement.
RIP to my fellow freight dogs.

Can someone explain the requirement of canceling IFR prior to circling ? Is this a PWK thing ? Haven't been into PWK for about 10 years and I can't recall any other towered airports that have such a requirement.
RIP to my fellow freight dogs.

I don't think they can force you to cancel IFR. But because ORD is so close they won't clear you for the approach otherwise because they can't keep you seperated from ORD traffic and won't make a hole there for you (short of declaring an emergency) the same problem exists with trying to get the straight in instrument approach to 22L at Midway... Never happens without an emergency because it will conflict with ORD.... I ask every time rather than doing that stupid 31C circle to 22L and am denied every time. Won't stop me from asking every time until they quit publishing it but until ORD is completely reconfigured that's the way it will be.

Latest resources

Back