Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNN reporting a Lear Jet down at Chicago Executive, Wheeling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Why should we shut down? The Captain was a good friend of mine, but I'm ready to go to work. This is a fact of life in this industry. In the 13 years I've been in it I've lost half a dozen friends, just suck it up, learn from their mistakes and keep on going."

RedGuy you must be in management! Anything for a buck, would you take a trip if you learned your daughter/mom just died?...sure just suck it up! loser

Last edited:
2.71828 ;1935560 said:
"Why should we shut down? The Captain was a good friend of mine, but I'm ready to go to work. This is a fact of life in this industry. In the 13 years I've been in it I've lost half a dozen friends, just suck it up, learn from their mistakes and keep on going."
RedGuy you must be in management! Anything for a buck, would you take a trip if you learned your daughter/mom just died?...sure just suck it up! loser
I think that's a little uncalled for (not a moderator opinion, just my personal opinion). It wasn't a family member that died for the other pilots at Royal, it was two coworkers, even as tragic as that is.

I have had family members pass or personal problems that have required a sick call or a personal leave, totally different thing. I also *HAVE* had coworkers die in plane crashes, people I've known personally, and you go on about your day and do your job and grieve later. By your thought process, when an airline has a crash, the entire airline should shut down for the day? How would that work for Delta? American? Southwest even where the camaraderie is even closer?

If I was at work, had a patient on board, and one of OUR planes went down (God forbid), I'd be getting my patient on to their destination. Yes, it would suck. Yes, it would require putting your personal feelings aside and being a professional. But that's the job. That's what we do.

Last edited:
I think that's a little uncalled for (not a moderator opinion, just my personal opinion). It wasn't a family member that died for the other pilots at Royal, it was two coworkers, even as tragic as that is.

I have had family members pass or personal problems that have required a sick call or a personal leave, totally different thing. I also *HAVE* had coworkers die in plane crashes, people I've known personally, and you go on about your day and do your job and grieve later. By your thought process, when an airline has a crash, the entire airline should shut down for the day? How would that work for Delta? American? Southwest even where the camaraderie is even closer?

If I was at work, had a patient on board, and one of OUR planes went down (God forbid), I'd be getting my patient on to their destination. Yes, it would suck. Yes, it would require putting your personal feelings aside and being a professional. But that's the job. That's what we do.

Indeed.

2.71828 ;1935560 said:

I'm not in management you jack hole, you think they have the time right now to post on here? I won't do anything for a buck I made the same last week as if I hadn't flown at all, did you ever think that maybe it has more to do with the fact that I'd rather be doing something other than sit at home and think about it, that maybe keeping busy would help get it off my mind? I didn't think so. Now I remember why I don't frequent this board, while there's lots of good people on here there's too many jerks like you. Obviously you've never had anything like this happen to you and have no good point of view.

Last edited:
Brett Favrerera played the day after his father died. Guess he must be a "jack hole".

2.71828 ;1935560 said:

Yes, your credibility is deafening:rolleyes:.

A-N-O-N-Y-M-I-T-Y. This thread was hijacked long before I crawled out from under my rock.
100-1/2
And I'll lock the hijacked thread if you two don't knock it off with the personal attacks.

Back to the thread, if you want to discuss specifics of the Lear's capabilities, that's well within the TOS.

Since I'm now posting as a Mod since I had to play referee, I'm not going to get into a debate with you over the range of a Lear (the "near-jet" is actually a Citation reference from the 1970's) or the practice of stuffing the trunk on approach and what that does to the CG in an empty Lear (it's still in the envelope with a 45 minute reserve in the wings).

There'll be time for recrimination of the operator, IF they're culpable, after the final NTSB report is out, but calling people out individually and attacking them isn't going to fly here, no pun intended. Fair warning.

I don't think they can force you to cancel IFR. But because ORD is so close they won't clear you for the approach otherwise because they can't keep you seperated from ORD traffic and won't make a hole there for you (short of declaring an emergency) the same problem exists with trying to get the straight in instrument approach to 22L at Midway... Never happens without an emergency because it will conflict with ORD.... I ask every time rather than doing that stupid 31C circle to 22L and am denied every time. Won't stop me from asking every time until they quit publishing it but until ORD is completely reconfigured that's the way it will be.

Good god, it's not that hard.
:eek:

100-1/2 I think you pretty much nailed it. Now sit back and take a breather. Your gonna need it on this one.

I wish the families some peace, and comfort. I also can't believe some of the ignorance on this thread. I cut my teeth on a 24, and flew the 35 extensively out of PWK. I would never in a million years think to speculate what happened to these guy's because I was not there. Near Jet. Are you kidding me? For me 20/30 series Lear pilots will always be the standard, I know when I am sitting next to one without even asking.

RIP

Latest resources

Back