• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cmr Situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Love ya Delta Pilots...No you don't! I also feel sorry for you.. No you don't!You are really really sad people. Not true! Delta could have and will tell Comair to do whatever they want Comair to do.This is true So guess what your management let you down when you wanted recall rights. What??? BIG D has the right to do that.Comairs MEC and Comair mgmt conspired to keep DAL furloughs out So go ask your management why they didn't help you out. They were overwhelmed by events, no timeASA did but they weren't owned by Delta.Wrong, ASA not part of Skywest until DAL's BK All non owned Delta groups were required to do it under ALPA.Completely wrong, in fact ONLY COMAIR mgmt/mec required it

As mentioned before, your recollection of events couldn't be more inaccurate.

Love ya Delta Pilots... I also feel sorry for you.. You are really really sad people. Delta could have and will tell Comair to do whatever they want Comair to do. So guess what your management let you down when you wanted recall rights. BIG D has the right to do that. So go ask your management why they didn't help you out. ASA did but they weren't owned by Delta. All non owned Delta groups were required to do it under ALPA.

I hit the "like" button

What an amazing thread. Delusions at their best.

I don't have a dog in this fight in regards to the whole furlough situation as I am a north guy, but I hope I can bring some amount of realism in to what is going on.

50 seaters are toast. The big question is how many they are going to keep around. More than likely going back to the what the RJ was intended to do. Take ATL. Do you really believe they are going to throw RJs against the new SW?

As for the 70/90 take a look around. Comapass has better jets.. Period. How many 70/90s are on order? One other fact lost on a lot of regional guys is that the DC9 has become the RJ replacement. You can call it old or whatever you want but it costs the same amount of money to throw a DC9 holding 125 seats in the air as it does a 76 seater. Guess which one is more profitable. Where do you think some of the RJ routes in ATL have been going? DL hasn't dropped them, they are being picked up by the DC9. You know FNT, DAY, DAB, LIT, GSO, SAV to name a few. That's called being replaced. And persish the thought the pilots make almost double or in some cases triple what the regionals make, yet somehow it's still more profitable. Labor being paid too much killing the operation is pure fantasy. Last time I checked DL was on track to make $1 bil. this year. How much is CMR going to make?

Lastly as for who works for Delta that's easy. My paycheck says Delta Airlines Inc on it. What does yours say?

Thanks for this informative post which makes a whole lot more sense. High fuel prices are bad for RJs, 737s and DC9s are more profitable. You really don't make much money with RJs unless they're 70+ seaters. It's like hookers fighting over scraps in this thread, RJ pilots wishing that they had 10 or 20 more CRJ-9s. Why? It should be Saabs and Dash8s, maybe a couple of feeder RJs and the rest should be mainline like it was before.

Just one correction. DL has 777s and 737s on order, but did you notice the fact we STILL have 787 on the way? Possibly converted in to 777s. Not to mention the option for 50 more 787s. Each of those widebodies requires anywhere between 12-16 flight crews.

Also, what has gone under the radar is the fact DL is getting a substantial number of MD90s this year. It's not making a whole lot of news due to the fact it is occuring on the secondary market. I think there is something on the order of 25+ MD90s coming on line in the next few months. The DC9 retirement plan, just like it has over the last decade, was modified again resulting in fewer airplanes being retired than planned.

Once again, how many RJs are on order? It's almost laughable.

Oddly enough the guys at CMR should be really happy. DL will be coninuing to hire for the foreseeable future providing higher quality jobs.

Just one correction. DL has 777s and 737s on order, but did you notice the fact we STILL have 787 on the way? Possibly converted in to 777s. Not to mention the option for 50 more 787s. Each of those widebodies requires anywhere between 12-16 flight crews.

Also, what has gone under the radar is the fact DL is getting a substantial number of MD90s this year. It's not making a whole lot of news due to the fact it is occuring on the secondary market. I think there is something on the order of 25+ MD90s coming on line in the next few months. The DC9 retirement plan, just like it has over the last decade, was modified again resulting in fewer airplanes being retired than planned.

Once again, how many RJs are on order? It's almost laughable.

Oddly enough the guys at CMR should be really happy. DL will be coninuing to hire for the foreseeable future providing higher quality jobs.

Agreed, I left out the 787 as I have no idea when DL is slated to get those. I have heard (and strictly unsubstantiated rumor from DL pilots) that DL wants the second version of the 787 (I think the -900). Either way hopefully they show up sooner than later.

Are the MD90's that are in GSO on the Timco ramp going to DL?

Agreed, I left out the 787 as I have no idea when DL is slated to get those. I have heard (and strictly unsubstantiated rumor from DL pilots) that DL wants the second version of the 787 (I think the -900). Either way hopefully they show up sooner than later.

Yes they are.

When I was in Copenhagen last month for a PC, the SAS guys told me that all 8 of their MD-90's are going to DL.

If you look at the DAL corporate structure you will realize that Delta Air Lines owns Delta Ar Lines Inc. The DAL DALPA PWA has exclusivity with Delta Air Lines. That means that the flying performed by all other carriers and pilot groups besides Delta Pilots is because it is allowed to be performed by other pilots than who are assigned a seniority number at Delta Air Lines. Or Delta Air Lines, Inc or the holding company.

AMR is the parent of American Airlines. It is significant. Even if Delta opted to reshuffle its corporate structure (change a paper chart) the ATA code and all ancillary services associated with the code and flying are performed and owned by Delta Air Lines, not a holding company. The only reason that DCI Inc can perform the flying they do is because of the PWA agreement DALPA has allowed. It is a cutout of the coded flying. It is legally significant.

In the end it all revolves around exclusivity. DALPA has it.

I hope I am not wrong!!! If I am than Delta is in more trouble than I thought if they can't control what they own. Sorry I am shocked and feel really really sorry for Delta if that is the case.

Latest resources

Back