• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cmr Situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look, puffdriver, I am not trying to be tough or intimidate you. My initial post was respectful. I would be respectful to you if I were to meet you in person. I most certainly wouldn't call you "junior." If you wouldn't call me "junior" in person, why do it hiding behind a keyboard? I'm sorry, but this is common courtesy.

I quote again:

Leave your 757/767 cockpit and go fly a metroliner or aerostar single pilot, or (God forbid) pilot a rotary-wing aircraft. If you survived, it would be a good learning experience and a lesson that bigger iron does not equal a better pilot.

You call that respectful? I don't. As for the intimidation, yeah you did try--unsuccessfully. I find it interesting you sign up on an anonymous board, and then proceed as the first order of business to lecture Delta pilots on the regional board.

It's not about worthiness, and it's not about skill. If you can't figure it out, you have no business preaching the gospel. Get over the little man syndrome regarding your small jet. It only makes it worse.

As for:
You really are an assshole. The guy makes the correct assertion that we're all pilots and shouldn't knock each other and you go and knock him down. I guess you're part of the 5%, junior.

Yawn.

If you're telling me you could take a metro single-pilot IFR into Reno at night right now, then I will admit you're a superior pilot to me.

Not worthiness, not skill. Correct. It is about being in the right place at the right time, i.e. luck.

Little man syndrome? Ha. That's the first time anyone's ever said that to me. No, sir, if I were to "lecture" you or try to start a fight I would do so on the MAJOR airline board, not the regional. Why the hell are you posting on a Comair thread on the regional portion of this website? Are you a regional pilot? Are you that concerned about Comair? You, sir, are the one who has little man syndrome. The only reason a Delta pilot would post on a Comair thread on the regional portion would be defend your sense of self-perceived worth and take every chance to remind people like me that I am inferior to people like you. I have one goal right now -- to support my family. I don't have any more time to type away on this geek box.

I have tried to be respectful in all of my posts, but your last message really, really pissed me off. I'll tell you what, puffdriver: Call every Comair pilot you pass in the airport "Junior." I look forward to the day I am greeted as such. Is that meant to intimidate? You're gddam right it is. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE.

Last edited:
I feel for ya Vandelay,and there are many Putz's and toolbags on here. Its not hard to figure out who they are. Luckily they are far and few between.I will keep this short. I can only attempt to unerstand what your going through. It must be frightning.All I can say on my behalf, I wish you guys the best. Keep your chins up and motor through. Good luck my friend!!!

If you're telling me you could take a metro single-pilot IFR into Reno at night right now, then I will admit you're a superior pilot to me.

Not worthiness, not skill. Correct. It is about being in the right place at the right time, i.e. luck.

Little man syndrome? Ha. That's the first time anyone's ever said that to me. No, sir, if I were to "lecture" you or try to start a fight I would do so on the MAJOR airline board, not the regional. Why the hell are you posting on a Comair thread on the regional portion of this website? Are you a regional pilot? Are you that concerned about Comair? You, sir, are the one who has little man syndrome. The only reason a Delta pilot would post on a Comair thread on the regional portion would be defend your sense of self-perceived worth and take every chance to remind people like me that I am inferior to people like you. I have one goal right now -- to support my family. I don't have any more time to type away on this geek box.

I have tried to be respectful in all of my posts, but your last message really, really pissed me off. I'll tell you what, puffdriver: Call every Comair pilot you pass in the airport "Junior." I look forward to the day I am greeted as such. Is that meant to intimidate? You're gddam right it is. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE.

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
I rest my case. Game set match. At least you have the all knowing CL65s on your side. Yaawwnnnnn. I guess I'll go argue with my 6 year old over doing his homework. At least that will provide some competitiveness.

I have been flying for 13 years and just logged on to this forum. I will lose my job as a Comair pilot when the furloughs are complete or the company is dissolved. I was hoping to find some information or intelligent conversation on the matter.

I guess I'm shocked at what I've read on flightinfo. Aren't we supposed to be "professionals" with whom the public entrusts their lives to arrive safely at their destination? I swear that some of the posts on this site were written by teenie-boppers upset with each other because one called the other a slut on her facebook page or thinks Justin Bieber isn't as cool as the Jonas Brothers. I can tell you one thing -- if I had a way to ascertain who some of the loudmouths on here flew for, I'd NEVER put my family on any plane in their airline's fleet....it would be too risky that they could be the aircraft commander. Yes, "GeneralLee/ScopeoutRJ's" -- I'm talking about guys like you.

We are all pilots and need to support each other. Any pilot with any maturity knows that this industry has much more to do with luck and timing than with skill and competence. You are where you are, to a large degree, because your timing and luck were good or bad. And I walk through the airport and I am instantly judged as inferior simply because of the uniform I wear?

Some people on this website need to grow up. Leave your 757/767 cockpit and go fly a metroliner or aerostar single pilot, or (God forbid) pilot a rotary-wing aircraft. If you survived, it would be a good learning experience and a lesson that bigger iron does not equal a better pilot. We are all pilots. We should all be one brotherhood. Act like it, and show respect and compassion to someone who is trying to support a family knowing they will be without a paycheck in the near future. The people degrading those about to be furloughed trying to provide for their children are the same ones who would be sobbing, sucking their thumb curled up in the fetal position if this were happening to them.

Are you 4 real? Calling us teen-age sluts?? Welcome to Flight info:beer:

I'm still waiting for something useful to come out of Puffdriver. And btw, puff what does "you were there when comair made their bed, now you lie in it" (approx. quote) mean?

I hear people say things like, "Comair screwed themselves" and it makes me think. Why are we parking our aircraft now...the real reason? And why do some have a "serves them right" attitude about it? To help me figure this out, would you please indicate which past indiscretion we are now paying for: 1. strike, 2. JC furlough hiring policy, 3. RJDC.

I am just trying to get my ALPA brother's take on it. Thank you

Alright here we go.. again... stop with the name calling, ready the TOS again.. but I am just going to start right here by sending on vacation.. this thread is already become non-aviation and non-productive..

I'm still waiting for something useful to come out of Puffdriver. And btw, puff what does "you were there when comair made their bed, now you lie in it" (approx. quote) mean?

I hear people say things like, "Comair screwed themselves" and it makes me think. Why are we parking our aircraft now...the real reason? And why do some have a "serves them right" attitude about it? To help me figure this out, would you please indicate which past indiscretion we are now paying for: 1. strike, 2. JC furlough hiring policy, 3. RJDC.

I am just trying to get my ALPA brother's take on it. Thank you

Why bother with useful stuff? Tell me that you don't read flame bait in the very first post of this thread. That's where the downhill slide began.

I will indulge you, however, and tell you the real reason you are parking airplanes: Delta doesn't need them. Pure and simple. The RJ bubble is over. Ridiculously cheap fuel--gone. Ridiculously lopsided lucrative fee-for-departure contracts-gone. Compound that with the fact that we are trying to unravel several contracts with several feeder carriers, and Comair takes the brunt of the parkings. No doubt that Comair is also an unattractive carrier from a labor standpoint, and Delta would love to rid itself of them, what you are also seeing is Comair being packaged to the best of Delta's ability to try and gain some revenue from a sale. Now throw in SWA coming to Atlanta, and look out below. Now your 70-76 seaters are in danger--huge danger.

Now, how about the major/regional relationship. It's not just Comair and Delta, its Eagle and AA, etc. There has always been ire, always will be. Why? Simple you are doing flying for less compensation, you gloat every bit as much as you perceive mainline pilots do, and you all have little man syndrome because you have to run to every board, to whomever will listen and point out that you guys are every bit as good as mainline guys. Who cares? Then you get to point out fun little stats like landing on taxiways, and overflying airports. Let me ask you, when was the last time Delta had a fatal accident? You don't have to look it up, I'll tell you: Pensacola July, 1996--and that was an uncontained engine failure where pieces came through the fuselage killed a mom and daughter. Hardly the pilots' doing. Before that was 1988. 22 years ago. Massive, and I mean MASSIVE, changes in CRM at Delta since then along with some strategic rule changes have cleaned up our record quite nicely. You won't see Delta pilots taking airplanes up to 510 because it's cool--little man syndrome. If we take a look at Comair history, we will find some more recent statistics. But let's not. Let's look at the number of departures per day. Let's look at inertia, and engine spool up time, and leading edge devices, and media scrutiny. Then, and only then, can we find some useful comparisons about who the "better" pilots are. Guess what, it still won't make any difference.

Certain posters also felt the need to post his resume, with his scads of experience, and the horror of flying an Aerostar <gasp> single pilot. I can certainly post my creds as well, but what does it add or not add to the discussion? Frankly, it's a juvenile mentality brought on by, you guessed it, little man syndrome. Then, certain posters have to exacerbate it by impressive tales of how I'm lucky it is anonymous here, and how big they are, and that they triple-dog-dares me to say that to their face, yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't care how big somebody is: little man syndrome. Good interviewers, like those at Delta for example, can pick out that trait through careful questioning. As current hiring practice shows, certain groups, who shall remain nameless, aren't making a very good showing here. Throw in a strike which yielded no additional gain, and a group who shows that will backstab anybody who doesn't succumb to their demands, and that is called lying in the bed that you made.

Make no mistake, there is no boasting on my part, the is no glee in other's demise, there is no ha, ha. At the same time there is no remorse. Regionals exploded in growth due to a perfect storm of events, and that storm is clearing. The only problem is that these pilots think that the world now owes them something for their greatness, after all they ARE as good as major pilots. Maybe they are maybe they aren't. It's not the point. The point is that some chose to make their living off of somebody else's flying. That choice is now going away, and rather quickly--as it always could have.

The End

Is that better?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back