Cmr Situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vandeley

I have been flying for 13 years and just logged on to this forum. I will lose my job as a Comair pilot when the furloughs are complete or the company is dissolved. I was hoping to find some information or intelligent conversation on the matter.

I guess I'm shocked at what I've read on flightinfo. Aren't we supposed to be "professionals" with whom the public entrusts their lives to arrive safely at their destination? I swear that some of the posts on this site were written by teenie-boppers upset with each other because one called the other a slut on her facebook page or thinks Justin Bieber isn't as cool as the Jonas Brothers. I can tell you one thing -- if I had a way to ascertain who some of the loudmouths on here flew for, I'd NEVER put my family on any plane in their airline's fleet....it would be too risky that they could be the aircraft commander. Yes, "GeneralLee/ScopeoutRJ's" -- I'm talking about guys like you.

We are all pilots and need to support each other. Any pilot with any maturity knows that this industry has much more to do with luck and timing than with skill and competence. You are where you are, to a large degree, because your timing and luck were good or bad. And I walk through the airport and I am instantly judged as inferior simply because of the uniform I wear?

Some people on this website need to grow up. Leave your 757/767 cockpit and go fly a metroliner or aerostar single pilot, or (God forbid) pilot a rotary-wing aircraft. If you survived, it would be a good learning experience and a lesson that bigger iron does not equal a better pilot. We are all pilots. We should all be one brotherhood. Act like it, and show respect and compassion to someone who is trying to support a family knowing they will be without a paycheck in the near future. The people degrading those about to be furloughed trying to provide for their children are the same ones who would be sobbing, sucking their thumb curled up in the fetal position if this were happening to them.

Last edited:
I guess I'm shocked at what I've read on flightinfo.

Your first mistake was coming to this forum thinking you would get reliable information. This is an anonymous webboard where most of the posters on here are not who they seem or appear to be. It is solely for entertainment purposes only.

If you want reliable information about your situation contact your ALPA reps....or contact me at 1 (900) 555-6969. Advice for only $3.99/min. Additional charges may apply.

I have been flying for 13 years and just logged on to this forum. I will lose my job as a Comair pilot when the furloughs are complete or the company is dissolved. I was hoping to find some information or intelligent conversation on the matter.

I guess I'm shocked at what I've read on flightinfo. Aren't we supposed to be "professionals" with whom the public entrusts their lives to arrive safely at their destination? I swear that some of the posts on this site were written by teenie-boppers upset with each other because one called the other a slut on her facebook page or thinks Justin Bieber isn't as cool as the Jonas Brothers. I can tell you one thing -- if I had a way to ascertain who some of the loudmouths on here flew for, I'd NEVER put my family on any plane in their airline's fleet....it would be too risky that they could be the aircraft commander. Yes, "GeneralLee/ScopeoutRJ's" -- I'm talking about guys like you.

We are all pilots and need to support each other. Any pilot with any maturity knows that this industry has much more to do with luck and timing than with skill and competence. You are where you are, to a large degree, because your timing and luck were good or bad. And I walk through the airport and I am instantly judged as inferior simply because of the uniform I wear?

Some people on this website need to grow up. Leave your 757/767 cockpit and go fly a metroliner or aerostar single pilot, or (God forbid) pilot a rotary-wing aircraft. If you survived, it would be a good learning experience and a lesson that bigger iron does not equal a better pilot. We are all pilots. We should all be one brotherhood. Act like it, and show respect and compassion to someone who is trying to support a family knowing they will be without a paycheck in the near future. The people degrading those about to be furloughed trying to provide for their children are the same ones who would be sobbing, sucking their thumb curled up in the fetal position if this were happening to them.

Another RJ pilot who thinks he knows it all :erm:

Or maybe it's :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Most of us have been there and done it, junior.

Who's justin bieber.

Hi Vandeley,

Well, I have had a change of heart recently and I am on a new path of PEACE and forgiveness. As far as what you should do now, I don't know, but with hiring upcoming at some airlines, maybe there will be movement all over. Did you get any PIC at Comair? That would probably help. If not, and you want to stay in aviation, go to Colgan or Great Lakes, where you might be able to upgrade quicker on a prop, and get that needed PIC. If you were at Comair for 13 years, then you have plenty of jet time. So, find a path towards PIC, and you should be able to find a path towards something better later on. Good luck!

Regardless, have a FANTASTIC day, and try to do something nice for someone if you can today, like helping a school child learn cursive writing. See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Another RJ pilot who thinks he knows it all :erm:

Or maybe it's :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Most of us have been there and done it, junior.

Junior? Who the hell do you think you're talking to?

Where I come from, you treat people with respect unless given a good reason otherwise. If you disagree with a point I made, say so. And I highly doubt you'd call me "junior" if you stood face to face with me.

Junior? Who the hell do you think you're talking to?

Where I come from, you treat people with respect unless given a good reason otherwise. If you disagree with a point I made, say so. And I highly doubt you'd call me "junior" if you stood face to face with me.

Yaaawwwwwnnnnnn. I was given good reason. I know you're tough. Now everyone else here knows it too. Sounds like you need to take your own medicine <grow up>

As for your assertion that Delta pilots would turn upside down if they were in a metroliner or an aerostar, I can take that bet, because I've done it. I know you've got the unique position of being the best pilot in the world. Always remember that: You're unique--just like everyone else.

As for Comair's "current position", you were there when the bed was made. Now you must lie in it. You're not my brother, we've already tried that approach. That train has left the building headed for a cliff. Delta pilots can't stop it anymore.

...Regardless, have a FANTASTIC day, and try to do something nice for someone if you can today, like helping a school child learn cursive writing. See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

LOL… sounds like the general has miss read the dosage amount for his Zoloft prescription. Try limiting it to no more than double the recommended amount next time.

Yaaawwwwwnnnnnn. I was given good reason. I know you're tough. Now everyone else here knows it too. Sounds like you need to take your own medicine <grow up>

As for your assertion that Delta pilots would turn upside down if they were in a metroliner or an aerostar, I can take that bet, because I've done it. I know you've got the unique position of being the best pilot in the world. Always remember that: You're unique--just like everyone else.

As for Comair's "current position", you were there when the bed was made. Now you must lie in it. You're not my brother, we've already tried that approach. That train has left the building headed for a cliff. Delta pilots can't stop it anymore.

I knew getting on this internet forum was a bad idea. I guess that's why I've never done it before....and won't do it again.

Look, puffdriver, I am not trying to be tough or intimidate you. My initial post was respectful. I would be respectful to you if I were to meet you in person. I most certainly wouldn't call you "junior." If you wouldn't call me "junior" in person, why do it hiding behind a keyboard? I'm sorry, but this is common courtesy.

Knock off the sarcasm. You know I don't think I'm the best pilot in the world. A single-pilot IFR metroliner flight from Oakland to Reno demands more skill than flying two-pilot glass, and I'm not prepared to do it right now -- even though I may have done it in the past. The same can be said for you.

Of course I'm not your brother. I know that. I just can't understand looking at another pilot's badge/wings and deciding whether he is "worthy" before looking him in the eyes and saying "Hello. How are you?" I'll take the hello from the metro captain, the United captain, or the Southwest captain. I seem to pass all of their pre-judging criteria and they view me as a "worthy" pilot.

This is an anonymous web board. You will not get maturity here. I was at Comair for 10+ years. Get out any way you can! I know you have a ton of PIC, so send 'em out! Good luck!

Latest resources

Back