• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cmr Situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright here we go.. again... stop with the name calling, ready the TOS again.. but I am just going to start right here by sending on vacation.. this thread is already become non-aviation and non-productive..
Wait,
I just got a fresh bowl of popcorn and a frosty 40oz on the table, wachoo want me to do now watch Dr Oz?
PBR

Nevermind,
Dirty Harry is the Enforcer, showing on AMC right now!
PBR

Followed by Sudden Impact!
PBR

Alright here we go.. again... stop with the name calling, ready the TOS again.. but I am just going to start right here by sending on vacation.. this thread is already become non-aviation and non-productive..

What thread is "productive?"

Anybody call me Francis..................................and I'll kill ya!!

Moderator reviewed:

I can't moderate stupidity or just old-fashioned rudeness, unless they proliferate so much of the thread that they become a distraction or make the thread jump the shark.

/mod

Not that my opinion counts for much, but I think Puff has it right on the outlook, its going to be up to the regionals to reinvent their business models to survive..

Going to a regional in the last 12 years was and still is a career destination and should be looked at as one, with a few % making a jump over to the larger carriers.. Of course the gates are about to open for more promotions, what that means for the regional guys? who knows.

Believe me, mine doesn't count for much either.

Puffdriver wrote:

"I will indulge you, however, and tell you the real reason you are parking airplanes: Delta doesn't need them. Pure and simple. The RJ bubble is over. Ridiculously cheap fuel--gone. Ridiculously lopsided lucrative fee-for-departure contracts-gone. Compound that with the fact that we are trying to unravel several contracts with several feeder carriers, and Comair takes the brunt of the parkings. No doubt that Comair is also an unattractive carrier from a labor standpoint, and Delta would love to rid itself of them, what you are also seeing is Comair being packaged to the best of Delta's ability to try and gain some revenue from a sale. Now throw in SWA coming to Atlanta, and look out below. Now your 70-76 seaters are in danger--huge danger."

I agree %100. I have been saying the same thing. Comair is basically in the wrong place at the wrong time on this one. That is why I am asking you, what does "you made your bed, you lie in it" mean or have to do with us parking planes? You said it and it resembles other sentiments such as "Comair screwed themselves" I occasionally hear. It is just something people parrot. I don't know why it grates on me. I guess it would be like Delta announcing 1,000 furloughs and me saying, "they did it to themselves." It just doesn't make sense.

"The point is that some chose to make their living off of somebody else's flying."

Again, what does that really mean? "Someone else's flying?" Are you going to start flying the RJ's? ... are you going to "take them back?" It's just flying that is going away. You didn't want it, there was a market for it, so others did it. You still don't want it, the market for that flying is going away and so RJs are being parked. Plane and simple.

I want to agree with you. I feel like you take a logical approach to what is happening here. But then you throw out a few of these comments that seem to be inconsistent.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back