• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cmr Situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems the more time you spend in an RJ -- as a contractor -- the more trouble you have understanding PWA's and scope clauses. Delta pilots owns the flying. In a 10-year wave of complete shortedsightedness we've allowed some of the less desirable flying to be contracted out. Now the tide is turning. Get over it and apply.

I think it's important to note that the CMR MEC of today is a much different MEC than when JC and his RJDC cronnies ran the show at CMR.

Todays CMR MEC understands the value of working together to improve the profession, JC and the RJDC crowd only cared about stealing what wasn't theirs and they weren't above trying to leverage the pain of another pilot's furlough to advance their own self interest.

As today's CMR MEC struggles with the challenges they are facing, it's time to bury the hatchet.

I don't want my MEC to resemble JC's in any way.

Why does Delta have a one-shot interview policy? If you don't pass your first interview, then I heard you can never interview there again.

Why does Delta have a one-shot interview policy? If you don't pass your first interview, then I heard you can never interview there again.

Almost correct. If you fail HR, it's a one shot deal. If you fail mechanical mechanical comprehension you can re-interview at some point--6 months I think.

Don't worry too much Vandeley one of your female FO's was just telling my FO the other day that they are using this as a scare tactic. She said that they are painting 36 CRJ90's up in Montreal right now that are for Comair. Hopefully she is right.

How long have you been in this industry? Haven't you learned yet?
1. Never listen or believe anything a FA says. Female or gay.
2. Never listen or believe anything a female FO says.
3. Never listen or believe anything a female says.

How many times have you heard the rumors "XYZ airlines has 30 airplanes sitting in ABC being painted and awaiting for delivery. Now we just need to finish up negotiations and they're all ours. Otherwise they go to Mesa"??

Explains the General?

They just figure, if you are not a gay dork on the day of the interview, you will never be...

Thats pretty darn funny!

All true

Still funny!

Just one correction. DL has 777s and 737s on order, but did you notice the fact we STILL have 787 on the way? Possibly converted in to 777s. Not to mention the option for 50 more 787s. Each of those widebodies requires anywhere between 12-16 flight crews.

Also, what has gone under the radar is the fact DL is getting a substantial number of MD90s this year. It's not making a whole lot of news due to the fact it is occuring on the secondary market. I think there is something on the order of 25+ MD90s coming on line in the next few months. The DC9 retirement plan, just like it has over the last decade, was modified again resulting in fewer airplanes being retired than planned.

Once again, how many RJs are on order? It's almost laughable.

Oddly enough the guys at CMR should be really happy. DL will be coninuing to hire for the foreseeable future providing higher quality jobs.

Thats a good one, Delta hiring comair pilots. Ha

Latest resources

Back