CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
(our public forum which you are not a part of BTW)
It is a public form, if you don't want the public go private. Workd rather nicely. BTW ALPA was over30 years ago , IBT only a little over 10 years ago.

Again with the name calling? So much for being "above that"...what a joke. I guess if you're going to live your sad little life as a spineless coward, it couldn't hurt too much to be a hypocrite too. Again, you should be very proud.

My point is, again, is that pro union posters don't have to fear reprisals. Anti union posters do. So you are really brave, knowing you DON"T have to worry about people defecating in your luggage or poisoning your dog or being hostile in the cockpit or leaving threatening messages on the phone. I DO have to worry about such things, because your side behaves like a spiteful 13 year old, with scab lists and such.

Again with the name calling? So much for being "above that"...what a joke. I guess if you're going to live your sad little life as a spineless coward, it couldn't hurt too much to be a hypocrite too. Again, you should be very proud.

I am very proud that those who disagree with me do not have to worry about being put on a list for the rest of their career. Healthy disagreement is good. Coercion and intimidation are not.

My point is, again, is that pro union posters don't have to fear reprisals. Anti union posters do. So you are really brave, knowing you DON"T have to worry about people defecating in your luggage or poisoning your dog or being hostile in the cockpit or leaving threatening messages on the phone. I DO have to worry about such things, because your side behaves like a spiteful 13 year old, with scab lists and such.

Can you please point to me where this has EVER happened in our union?

Yes, yes, I'm sure it's happened at other unions. All the more reason why i keep telling folks such as yourself to go back and learn the history of our union, why it came to be, how it came to be, and what it has and has not done.

We've had some pilots do some stupid things, but those things you listed aren't them.

Despite what you may see on our own boards, I've never seen anyone be anything less than civil when discussing these things in person.

Don't buy into the stories and rumors. After all, prior to the integration I used to hear stories of NJI pilots who refused to share hotel/FBO vans with NJA crews. Are they true? And even if they are, should that mean I should paint all NJI pilots as stuck-up jerks?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=2181357#post2181357

Post #162

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=2211923#post2211923

Post #53

"How bout them apples?"

What do all the pro union Lemmings that were spouting off in these other threads have to say now?

Now what do we do....other than keep paying our dues.....lol? Did you listen? Do you have a plan B or C? The day is here.

Is your union not working on a severance package for the soon to be furloughed pilots? At NJA the furloughed pilots got an additional two months of full pay and benefits after the furlough date. There's no way we would have gotten that much had we been non-union. Also, if you decide to move on to an airline, you may have a tough time if you're not ready to accept unionization as a part of the profession.

Would they need to be working on a severance package if they were not on the property? All my friends working their have told me.....no.

Would they need to be working on a severance package if they were not on the property? All my friends working their have told me.....no.

I'd think anyone who puts a minimal amount of rational thought would realize that if companies like NetJets, Flight Options, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Continental Airlines, US Airways, Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and the list goes on, can survive the pilots being in a union, and Citation Air couldn't, then Citation Air was in much worse shape than anyone gave them credit for.

Can you please point to me where this has EVER happened in our union?

Yes, yes, I'm sure it's happened at other unions. All the more reason why i keep telling folks such as yourself to go back and learn the history of our union, why it came to be, how it came to be, and what it has and has not done.

We've had some pilots do some stupid things, but those things you listed aren't them.

Despite what you may see on our own boards, I've never seen anyone be anything less than civil when discussing these things in person.

Don't buy into the stories and rumors. After all, prior to the integration I used to hear stories of NJI pilots who refused to share hotel/FBO vans with NJA crews. Are they true? And even if they are, should that mean I should paint all NJI pilots as stuck-up jerks?

Excellent post, thanks! First, I have never heard of an NJI crew behaving that way, and if they did, shame on them. I do know one captain who was/is capable of doing something like that, but he is a problem child, an eccentric crank.
I agree with you about NJA's union. They have behaved fine, although some guys can be rather aggressive on the union board, which is why I post here. Overall, I am impressed with NJASAP, compared to what I saw at Eastern Airlines and other places.
By the way, when I get overheated and use the word "moron" and "union crazies", I am referring to strikers who would harass me if I crossed the picket line, or some of the FEW really hard core union guys I have met over the last few years here. But generally, I am having to somewhat revise my anti union feelings, as they relate to NJA's. So far, at least. Remember, I get really worried very easily because I have had such a terrible job history, with 11 companies going out of business on me, which makes me kinda paranoid about ANYTHING that might reduce my company's profits. Being a Capitalist Pig doesn't help either. :)

My point is, again, is that pro union posters don't have to fear reprisals.

What a joke! Many pilots have lost their jobs because they were too vocal on union matters. If anyone has to fear reprisals, it's the die-hard union supporters, not the scab wannabes.

Latest resources

Back