• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With all their unions, I expect SouthWest to go under any day now...

I don't know where I saw it or if its accurate ... but ... I heard CA lost $40 M last year. If true ... I estimate that If every Pilot worked for free ... they still would have lost money.

You make the call ... Union's fault? :bomb:

Last edited:
You do realize that an LOA is a contract, right?

Only if signed by both parties..... CA agrees to it but does not sign it till the entire contract is in force. Just like the parts agreed to already....just agreed to not signed yet.......

Dude guy you must be a ubber liberal cause you are always on the wrong side of every ideal.....I know this hurts a lot but if you remove your head from your butt you will be able to see better breath better and smell the roses and most importantly you will begin to regain feeling between your ears so that your mind can clearly see the reality of your situation...it sucks but it is what it is anyway!

I think it's pretty clear from the IBT's email that they're not looking for an LOA that won't be signed until after a full CBA is done. They're trying to get a furlough LOA to protect everyone now. Will they be successful? Maybe, but certainly not if idiots stop paying their dues and screw over their buddies who need those protections.

And yes, I am a liberal, and damned proud of it.

With all their unions, I expect SouthWest to go under any day now...

I don't know where I saw it or if its accurate ... but ... I heard CA lost $40 M last year. If true ... I estimate that If every Pilot worked for free ... they still would have lost money.

You make the call ... Union's fault? :bomb:

I did not mean to damn all unions, although I don't like them, generally. I was pointing out that the timing of Citation Air's announcement seemed to follow the union election there. The company's expenses were scheduled to increase as a result of the union election. Whether or not you like unions, it is common knowledge that they increase operating costs wherever they exist.

timing is most likely coincidental with union vote. I think we are seeing a restructuring of a conglomerate organization from the top down by a new ceo who was hired to turn every facet of textron into a profitable organization. when there is only managed aircraft at ca, cessna dumps all costs on the owner. unfortunately, a lot of great people are about to lose their jobs, I hope the company offers the same early retirement and severence as they have in the past.

All you union haters have no idea. This company has not made $$$$$ since day one. Of course you are going to go out of business, when you have such smart people running things up there at 5 american lane. The union was voted in to try and help those pathetic managers up there to try and help.

I think it's pretty clear from the IBT's email that they're not looking for an LOA that won't be signed until after a full CBA is done. They're trying to get a furlough LOA to protect everyone now. Will they be successful? Maybe, but certainly not if idiots stop paying their dues and screw over their buddies who need those protections.

And yes, I am a liberal, and damned proud of it.

Sorry to here that.....At least your not the ubber liberal......

but I was really speaking to the fella named Dude something.....I think your spot on otherwise.

And why would the company sign a binding agreement now.....no incentive to do this. Especially knowing the union will be loosing any teeth it once had anyway due to the impending 180 furloughs.....course that will put the union with about 150-180 pilots total.....

Now who would you be screwing if you were in the bottom 50-75 by not paying your dues the next6 months your buddies who will get any shorted funds from the IBT that made hundreds of millions last year....or your family that faces you not bringing in a paycheck......that 600-1000 dollars could be paying your mortgage instead of hoffas rolls Royce and the IBT private jet!

As I said earlier if the IBT cared about us the way they say...they should just step up ( like they are trying to force the company to do) and just put the guys in question dues on hold.......This is up to the IBT they have the power to help the brothers and sisters themselves.....instead you get a letter that says PAY US YOUR DUES!!!!! That my friend is PATHETIC......

Last edited:
And why would the company sign a binding agreement now.....no incentive to do this.

You'd be surprised. Companies frequently like to get that sort of stuff in a consensual agreement in this kind of situation. They have more leverage to get some of the stuff that they may want to end up in a final contract by giving the union some things that they need now for members soon to be furloughed. Maybe they say no, maybe they bargain. But either way, the union needs to try, and they need the continued support of the membership if they have any chance of success.

As I said earlier if the IBT cared about us the way they say...they should just step up ( like they are trying to force the company to do) and just put the guys in question dues on hold.......This is up to the IBT they have the power to help the brothers and sisters themselves

Actually, it's not that simple. A union can't just decide that a small group of active members isn't going to pay dues while all of the other active members have to keep paying dues. That's considered "arbitrary" and "discriminatory," which is a violation of the union's DFR obligations under the law.

.....instead you get a letter that says PAY US YOUR DUES!!!!! That my friend is PATHETIC......

Hey, I won't tell you that their letter was very nice. The IBT isn't exactly known for its subtlety and nuance. It was probably in bad taste to start off the whole situation with that. But the situation doesn't change just because the IBT isn't good with subtlety in their communications. They still need the support (both financial and otherwise) from the membership in order to have any ability to secure protections for your pilots. That's what is important.

Only if signed by both parties..... CA agrees to it but does not sign it till the entire contract is in force. Just like the parts agreed to already....just agreed to not signed yet.......

Still wrong. Figure it out.

Dude guy you must be a ubber liberal cause you are always on the wrong side of every ideal.....I know this hurts a lot but if you remove your head from your butt you will be able to see better breath better and smell the roses and most importantly you will begin to regain feeling between your ears so that your mind can clearly see the reality of your situation...it sucks but it is what it is anyway!

I'm not sure what an "ubber" liberal is, but if I were "ubber" what difference would it make? It's irrelevant. Wanna' know my religious views too?

I believe that the most apropos retort to your obviously well thought out and constructive statement is, according to my 10 year old, I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!

C'mon, Rigger. (See? I even capitalized your name . . . a sign of respect). You gotta' have better than just trying to lay false allegations and point fingers. The IBT did nothing wrong in their letter. They were responding to guys who were saying that they were going to stop paying dues. Not irreverent (sp?), not out of line, completely appropriate. The letter was exactly what they should have said.

Times are going to be tough ahead. The last thing we need is guys like you who are just angry at everything. Pin it on the union or BS or Cessna/Textron, whatever makes you feel better, but you still haven't come up with a single FACT.

Tomorrow at 7pm eastern we'll have the answers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back