• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone ask.....if your Card business is growing bigggggg and you decide to get rid of fractional and concentrate on managed/card business......how can you support the biggggggg card business with only 20 or so managed aircraft? Citationair owns zero aircraft? You think Cessna wants to own airplanes to just fly around????

Make a point please.

But it can apply to companies who are presented with the spectre of a new union to worry about. I think that was the tipping point. Could be wrong, but that seems to be the most likely explanation for the abrupt change of direction.

Wow. You're right. How come no one saw this but you? Union and CA have been working well together so far, they've made some substantial agreements, Cessna/Textron came in and, for some reason, want to see a profit; if the rumors are correct about the numbers they're committing suicide ; they've sent letters to owners, etc. One big charade just to get rid of a union that hasn't even gotten to economic issues yet.

You sold me, bentover, how do you block someone?

Yeah, I think the union busted the company, not the other way around. The threat of having to deal with a union caused Cessna to say bye bye.

Right, because Cessna has a lot to fear of working with a union of some 400 or so guys. They're new to dealing with unions so I guess I can understand that concern :-\

hehe,, I forgot how to do it..It's in the user CP somewhere.....He's the only one I've blocked because it's obvious what he's trying to do....But he just comes off sounding ridiculous..... he's have a bit more credibility if he had some ability to reason.

But it can apply to companies who are presented with the spectre of a new union to worry about. I think that was the tipping point. Could be wrong, but that seems to be the most likely explanation for the abrupt change of direction.

Yes, dont worry, it was the spectre of your attitude, that made your wife bang your neighbor. Not your schlong size that was the tipping point. That is the most likely explanation for that abrupt change of direction.

Yeah, I think the union busted the company, not the other way around. The threat of having to deal with a union caused Cessna to say bye bye.

I agree. It is too coincidental to not be the case. I am certain the pro union crowd here will never admit it.....but, some folks just need to be kicked in the balls to convince them it is going to hurt. ;)

CA was a great company. Now my friends there will be looking for another job.

I agree. It is too coincidental to not be the case. I am certain the pro union crowd here will never admit it.....but, some folks just need to be kicked in the balls to convince them it is going to hurt. ;)

CA was a great company. Now my friends there will be looking for another job.

Thank you. Now, you get to be blocked by the Crazies too! What a shame about a very nice company, which Cessna was planning to hang in there with until the union came along and tipped the balance. It is so obvious to me too.

Yes, dont worry, it was the spectre of your attitude, that made your wife bang your neighbor. Not your schlong size that was the tipping point. That is the most likely explanation for that abrupt change of direction.

I so enjoy your reasoned responses. They remind me of a tiny dog barking furiously while safely behind a glass door. The union crazies embarrass themselves frequently without realizing it. :) Why not ease up on the rhetoric, CE750? We are just talking about stuff here, no harm intended. I would never say such things about you or the guys with whom I disagree. None of them are blocked, either.

Despite all the rhetoric on both ends, you have to look at this from a purely business prospective. Fractional for CA has not nor has ever been profitable for the company even during the good times. The fact is that the new airiplane market remains depressed and fractional ownership reached a saturation point years ago. You have too many players in a stagnant (if not dead) market. CA had to change its business if it wants to stay at all viable. How this new business plan is going to work out is anyones guess. It is entirely possible that Textron wants to simply divest itself of the fractional/charter business as it sees it as a money loser.

Regardless, even one more pilot put out on the street yet another black eye on an already depressed industry. Theres some great people working there and I wish them the best of luck.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back