• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please explain how the union had anything to do with this. There wasn't even a CBA negotiated yet. Are you infering the mere threat of a contract caused this implosion? Blame may make you feel better, but it won't help those about to hit the streets. For those folks, you have my best wishes for a smooth and rapid recovery. Been there, done that, just like most in this "troublesome" industry.
Well if you don't have a CBA, you won't have to worry about the IBT taking dues out of your severence pay. Been there; done that

Hopefully another poster is right and CS's charter/card market is really showing growth enough to where the fractional side is no longer a needed entity..

What make that work, especially in the new XOJ model is that you can price o match demand, and you can refuse (either actually or by a prohibitive price) money losing flights. XOJ is trying to discordance flights under 3 hours, and really discourage flights under 2 hours. I don't know the numbers, but many, many of the frac flights, especially in the smaller fleets are 2 hours or less. These are money losing flights when taking into consideration repositioning. In the frac model it is "your plane" and you fly when and where you want. IN the new, improved XOJ style charter, you are changed less for certain flights and more for others. SO if I want to leave out of EWR I will be changed more than a flight from TEB. IN a frac model they are the same. XOJ can take into account the difference in positioning if needed, and that FBO and fuel fees are more are certain airports. If you want to leave fro them you pay more. And they do not want the .5 hours flight from MMU to Saranac NY (ADK), which the frac must serve. If it were a frac model, they need to do a repo leg from TEB to MMU, fly MMU to ADK for .5 hr and then reposition ADK to BED?

So in my opinion you will see more "smart charter". Owner will downsize their frac share in both hours and plane size for the short flights and use smart charter for the longer (and more profitable legs).

Yeah, as much I distrussed management's in general, I don't think they base every business decision/announcement on pilots and their Unions.... Meaning I don't think every announcement they make is an attempted Union bust...

If they are truly telling owners of their plan, then I'd say it has more legs than not..

Hopefully another poster is right and CS's charter/card market is really showing growth enough to where the fractional side is no longer a needed entity..

Yeah, I think the union busted the company, not the other way around. The threat of having to deal with a union caused Cessna to say bye bye.

Really sad. I will always remember the relationships with Fractional Owners. Much more like you were a trusted family employee, than the turn and burn relationships in the Charter biz.-Freedom

Yep. I remember this also. We had a core group of owners that I saw frequently. They knew me by name and it really did have a family feel. That has been eroded over the last few years. I think the reasons why are complex but it doesn't change the fact that that feeling is slipping away.

Didn't CS just recall the last of it's furloughed pilots a few months ago? And now the potential for furloughs going forward with this potential Netjets tie-up? Yeah, this is exhausting.

I shoulda gone to dental school........

Hire 'till you fire doesn't just apply to the airlines anymore.

Latest resources

Back