• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I may add a bit of perspective from an ex-RTA pilot... Raytheon ditched us back in 2002 shortly after we had voted to NOT unionize. While the prospect of having to deal with an organized labor force may well have played some role in the decision, I believe it was more about whether or not CA was selling enough airplanes to make a nice profit for Momma Textron.

Anybody ever see the UBS 2012 fractional forecast put out? CS's had lost roughly 42% of their business over the recession. (Along with FLOPS and FLEX, Netjets wasn't included in the study as far as I could tell)

This all had nothing to do with CS Unionizing.. It was a business decision, and I strongly believe it was a business decision accelerated by new orders of aircraft from a certain company. Cessna has been hurting, they needed a huge order to put something on the books.

You did not ask the rest of the question, " The union was voted in to try and help those pathetic managers up there to try and help". How were they planning on doing this? Increased productivity has never been a rallying point on any union issue I have ever death with. The one I always heard was more pay, more days off, and increased cockpit manning.

yip, apparently you haven't been paying attention to pilot unions in a few decades, then. Most MECs and independent unions are all about productivity improvements. The more productive we are, the more money the company has to pay us, the more stable the company is, and the more days off we can get. We're all about productivity.

yip, apparently you haven't been paying attention to pilot unions in a few decades, then. Most MECs and independent unions are all about productivity improvements. The more productive we are, the more money the company has to pay us, the more stable the company is, and the more days off we can get. We're all about productivity.
I guess I am just old fashioned based upon my union exposure from the good ole days.

Trust me Yip CS has been blowing through money like it grows on trees....I f it wasn't for the pilot group here..CS would have lost lots more money...can't tell you how many times we ??? why they do the things they do and save them $$$...so yes a union was needed

Notice YIP conveniently forgets the efficiency improvements in the IBB 2007 contract. Then again who really listens to a manager at a bottom feeding freight operation anyway.

I hope you are right about that. I haven't seen that yet at NJA, unfortunately.

If I may add a bit of perspective from an ex-RTA pilot... Raytheon ditched us back in 2002 shortly after we had voted to NOT unionize. While the prospect of having to deal with an organized labor force may well have played some role in the decision, I believe it was more about whether or not CA was selling enough airplanes to make a nice profit for Momma Textron.

That is pretty much what I am saying, that the union stuff probably played a role. That's all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back