• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell you what. Take what you posted about your decision to cross a picket line if it ever came to it, post it on the majors forum, and enjoy some conversation there. I'll pop the popcorn and will promise not to interject anything.

Tell you what. Take what you posted about your decision to cross a picket line if it ever came to it, post it on the majors forum, and enjoy some conversation there. I'll pop the popcorn and will promise not to interject anything.

I can't blame you there! I might do that, but I don't enjoy upsetting people unnecessarily. I don't work for a Major, so I will probably let sleeping dawgs lie. Does sound like fun though. People on all sides are kinda stressed right now, no need to add to it, IMAC.

LOL, okay YIP if the job your pilots do is worth the same, then why aren't they paid the same as the fracs?
Who said the same? Different companies, different business models, different cost structures and competition. Same reason that Kittyhawk (ALPA) 727 Captain made 1/2 of what FedEx (ALPA) 727 Captains made.

BTW at even 1/2 of FedEx, KH went BK. And we have few NJ guys flying a JUS who are making a lot more money than they would have at NJ, because they were were among the 495 given the boot to ensure the rest of the NJ pilots could keep their pay.

Last edited:
... 495 given the boot to ensure the rest of the NJ pilots could keep their pay

You have no first hand knowledge of what's happened at this company. We were leaving pilots at home for entire tours. Do you really think that was because we were too expensive, or do you think maybe DEMAND might have something to do with it? :rolleyes:

Well, I've flown boxes, did airlines, flew corporate, have done charter..... Haven't done military..... Maybe it's just the people I've known that have only a cargo background that leaves me skewed. I just haven't been impressed with the only cargo background people I know

I'm sure they feel the same about you

And we have few NJ guys flying a JUS who are making a lot more money than they would have at NJ, because they were were among the 495 given the boot to ensure the rest of the NJ pilots could keep their pay.

Ah yes, because historically, concessions at other companies have prevented furloughs. Oh wait, no they didn't, I guess you've been proven wrong yet again. Does being wrong all the time about a company in a different segment of aviation than your own ever get tiring?

maybe DEMAND might have something to do with it? :rolleyes:
demand has everything to do with it, as in all segments of business. But this was about how come our pilots don't make as much as NJ guys. I just responded we have NJ guys making a lot more than NJ pays them, because NJ no longer pays them. In fact some have worked up to DC-9 Captain and will take a pay cut if they move back to the right seat of CE at NJ in 5-10 years.

ALERT: REVERTING TO FAMOUS FI NAMECALLING
You sir are an idiot.
Really came up with a good one there, something new, something to really grab the spotlight. Why I just don't know how you guys do it. Being so witty and all.

Some people just can't feel good unless they do these things.

Last edited:
Ah yes, because historically, concessions at other companies have prevented furloughs. Oh wait, no they didn't, I guess you've been proven wrong yet again. Does being wrong all the time about a company in a different segment of aviation than your own ever get tiring?
Well except for K C II, ask for, got concessions, no lay offs. Well except UAW concessions to save companies and jobs, how about AT in 2001 to reduce lay offs?

Latest resources

Back