• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However, far and away, the best pilots are those who've cut their teeth at the hands of the Mighty Beech 1900(C or D). The FMS can be figured out sooner or later, but the Beech'll teach you how to fly. :pimp:

So the bestest pilot are Mesa trained. :eek:

From strickly a stick and rudder perspective, yes flying wealthy people (or any people for that matter) trains one to fly "better" than flying boxes....If you have experience flying people, especially wealthy, you know not to bank 45 degrees to final, not to descend at 4000 ft/m.. Not to slam on the brakes and TR's...

We have people at our place with only BE99 cargo time... Our non pilot co-workers can tell the difference of experience.

Nothing against only having box flying experience, but I think flying peole trains you to be smoother. (Not a better pilot operational/standard wise)

get over yourself ,i'm one of the 495,and the best sticks i have seen are the freightdogs, hands down. some good guys in the fracs,but your statement is over the top. from a stick and rudder perspective " better", please.

get over yourself ,i'm one of the 495,and the best sticks i have seen are the freightdogs, hands down. some good guys in the fracs,but your statement is over the top. from a stick and rudder perspective " better", please.

depends on what you feel being the best stick is..... The best stick guys will obviously be fighter guys... Do they make the best passenger pilots??? I really don't know, just wondering... I know that at Delta there was always a snicker that you could tell who was the Navy guy after his carrier landing to a 14000ft runway...

Nothing against only having box flying experience, but I think flying peole trains you to be smoother. (Not a better pilot operational/standard wise)

A poor pilot is a poor pilot, no matter what he or she is flying.

Pilots who have a condescending opinion about a type of flying they have never done only highlight their own inexperience.

A poor pilot is a poor pilot, no matter what he or she is flying.

Pilots who have a condescending opinion about a type of flying they have never done only highlight their own inexperience.

Well, I've flown boxes, did airlines, flew corporate, have done charter..... Haven't done military..... Maybe it's just the people I've known that have only a cargo background that leaves me skewed. I just haven't been impressed with the only cargo background people I know

News flash, I'm furloughed and don't fly wealthy people around. The people I do fly though, are quite happy and appreciative for what I'm doing.

But let's look at why flying wealthy/famous people around (again, something I no longer do) requires a higher degree of professionalism and safety than flying car parts. If one of the fracs dorks a plane with a celebrity onboard, the entire country will find out. The backlash against the company could be big enough to cripple it permanently. What happens when a cargo plane goes down? Maybe some coverage at the location of the crash, and maybe some coverage at the hometown of the company. The rest of the world never finds out and doesn't care, and the cargo company will continue to get business as long as they are the lowest bidder. It may be a cold way to look at things, but that's how they are.

All of which is irrelevant.

There is nothing at all to be commended about a person who says he wants to scab.

There is nothing to be commended about a person who will leave his/her job, march around like an idiot, and coerce others to leave their jobs or face reprisals for the rest of their careers. NOTHING.

There is nothing to be commended about a person who will leave his/her job, march around like an idiot, and coerce others to leave their jobs or face reprisals for the rest of their careers. NOTHING.

So you are not a trained professional, willing to stick up for your quality of life and quantity of pay, as well as that of others, when the chips are down.(sigh) It is a good thing you weren't around in 1776, or 1862, or 1944. In the current situation over there at NetJets, you can cause little or no harm, but your attitude is sad.

So you are not a trained professional, willing to stick up for your quality of life and quantity of pay, as well as that of others, when the chips are down.(sigh) It is a good thing you weren't around in 1776, or 1862, or 1944. In the current situation over there at NetJets, you can cause little or no harm, but your attitude is sad.

I will fight for good conditions, but not at the expense of threatening the well being of my company. Furthermore, and thank you for the civilized post, I would NEVER mistreat a pilot who had struck, nor would I keep a list of strikers so I could harass them at every opportunity. Yet they would do those things to me. See the difference?

Latest resources

Back