• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are CitationAir pilots taking the opportunity to union bash here as well. Of course, their statements were made out of emotion and not fact.

Most of this thread is rightly about what the union vote probably did to CA. NJA is not being discussed here.

Right as usual. Bill, the CEO, made it very clear that the goings on were business related and have nothing whatever to do with the union. Happy, or do you still think it's because of the union!? What do you think his response will be, Bentover?

I am sure you and others believe bill when he says this has been in the works...hogwash, the senior managers in the company were called into a meeting an hour before the 1st announcement to be told about the items that were in the works for a long time.....come on people stop being stupid....being dumb about business is one thing were pilots but loosing all common sense is...well stupid! If Bill tells you the truth he looks like a fool, he was as blindsided as the line pilots...he would not have taken charge of a sinking ship.....that would be stupid and Shultz is not stupid!

Common sense guys, not matter what you FEEL....The Union did not cause this it was just one more item in the chain that helped.....and after the meeting last evening anyone of the 16 by march gonna pay dues? Any of the 100 by the end of the year wanna waste 800 to 1000 bucks? You will get no return on this at all. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this time there will be no coming back to CA this is the end if your off property......again common sense!

No way, YIP was proven wrong yet again? Maybe he should stick to flying car parts around.

From someone who thinks he's better because he flies wealthy people around (who think nothing of him).

News flash, I'm furloughed and don't fly wealthy people around. The people I do fly though, are quite happy and appreciative for what I'm doing.

But let's look at why flying wealthy/famous people around (again, something I no longer do) requires a higher degree of professionalism and safety than flying car parts. If one of the fracs dorks a plane with a celebrity onboard, the entire country will find out. The backlash against the company could be big enough to cripple it permanently. What happens when a cargo plane goes down? Maybe some coverage at the location of the crash, and maybe some coverage at the hometown of the company. The rest of the world never finds out and doesn't care, and the cargo company will continue to get business as long as they are the lowest bidder. It may be a cold way to look at things, but that's how they are.

Last edited:
"But let's look at why flying wealthy/famous people around (again, something I no longer do) requires a higher degree of professionalism and safety than flying car parts."

Interesting attitude.

Seems to me that there should be no difference in the level of professionalism with which you approach your flying regardless of what is in the cabin.

Do you actually relax your standards if there are not "wealthy/famous" people" in the back?

"But let's look at why flying wealthy/famous people around (again, something I no longer do) requires a higher degree of professionalism and safety than flying car parts."

Interesting attitude.

Seems to me that there should be no difference in the level of professionalism with which you approach your flying regardless of what is in the cabin.

Do you actually relax your standards if there are not "wealthy/famous" people" in the back?

From strickly a stick and rudder perspective, yes flying wealthy people (or any people for that matter) trains one to fly "better" than flying boxes....If you have experience flying people, especially wealthy, you know not to bank 45 degrees to final, not to descend at 4000 ft/m.. Not to slam on the brakes and TR's...

We have people at our place with only BE99 cargo time... Our non pilot co-workers can tell the difference of experience.

Nothing against only having box flying experience, but I think flying peole trains you to be smoother. (Not a better pilot operational/standard wise)

From strickly a stick and rudder perspective, yes flying wealthy people (or any people for that matter) trains one to fly "better" than flying boxes....If you have experience flying people, especially wealthy, you know not to bank 45 degrees to final, not to descend at 4000 ft/m.. Not to slam on the brakes and TR's...

We have people at our place with only BE99 cargo time... Our non pilot co-workers can tell the difference of experience.

Nothing against only having box flying experience, but I think flying peole trains you to be smoother. (Not a better pilot operational/standard wise)

However, far and away, the best pilots are those who've cut their teeth at the hands of the Mighty Beech 1900(C or D). The FMS can be figured out sooner or later, but the Beech'll teach you how to fly. :pimp:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back