• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the reason they charge us is because we get per diem! if we dont have time to run out and grab a bite to eat they figure we pay 10.00 they pick up the rest. doesnt sound like a bad deal to me after all what is perdiem for. at net jets they get food every leg how much food can you actually eat in one day. i wonder how much the company spends on crew meals for you guys every year. You guys want compare then compare benefits ( no comparison you win hands down) talking about crew mwals is a joke

bravodude said:
the reason they charge us is because we get per diem! if we dont have time to run out and grab a bite to eat they figure we pay 10.00 they pick up the rest. doesnt sound like a bad deal to me after all what is perdiem for.

Do they pick up the bill when you get into New York early enough to have that $35 hamburger in the hotel restaurant, while on you're time? What always made sense to us here at NetJets is if we are on our time, our dime. If we are on theirs, working our 14 hours likely, then they are paying. Most of us would prefer to sit down and spend our own per diem while eating something other than screw food. Some days of standby without any flying, we end up with a deficit, spending more for food than our per diem covers. But it's still better than sCREW food.

Now don't say you heard this from me, but, I heard you CS folks wont have to pay for your crew meals any more after Netjets buys Citation Shares. Thats right, free food, and can you say staple.

Thirty-five dollar hamburger...really...exaggerate much? If you can't budget your meals to stay within the $55.20 per day that the company is giving you...well then you aren't trying very hard. I don't think I've ever even come close to going over. Not that I wouldn't mind having my meals completely paid for...but I've never gotten everything I wanted so why start now. I'm with Bravodude...crew meals are kind of a non-issue.

And stickshaker...<yawn>...never mind.

How's the CJ3 Doing?

Off topic, but how are the CJ3 guys enjoying the new aircraft? Any opinions out there? I parked near one at IAD recently and I was impressed. I've heard that it performs well and that it has some new avionics improvements...

How many more CJ3s are expected this year? What's the likelihood that a newhire will get a CJ3 slot vs. a Bravo, CJ1, Excel slot? Is there a greater likelihood given the delivery schedule?

Stickshaker said:
Now don't say you heard this from me, but, I heard you CS folks wont have to pay for your crew meals any more after Netjets buys Citation Shares. Thats right, free food, and can you say staple.

Why so much hate man? I never understood the flying biz, everyone tries to say they work for the best company, they get the best benifits, when all in all, a job that is good and feeds the family is the most important. I have never seemed the need to tell someone in person or on message boards that their company sucks, or the pilots are bad. Its good that people are working. These forums are terrible, people use them to take aggressions out on other people, its actually really sad.

I never worked for a company that paid for my health care/meals 100%, and I never intend to plan on that. It just seems a little too much. Who knows how long that will last for, but enjoy it while it does. Every other industry is laying people off, many because of rising health care costs. Im very happy at CS, im happy to make a good living, good schedule, and great people.

So holy crap, stop bitching at eachother!

Chewbacca said:
Why so much hate man? I never understood the flying biz, everyone tries to say they work for the best company, they get the best benifits, when all in all, a job that is good and feeds the family is the most important. I have never seemed the need to tell someone in person or on message boards that their company sucks, or the pilots are bad. Its good that people are working. These forums are terrible, people use them to take aggressions out on other people, its actually really sad.

I never worked for a company that paid for my health care/meals 100%, and I never intend to plan on that. It just seems a little too much. Who knows how long that will last for, but enjoy it while it does. Every other industry is laying people off, many because of rising health care costs. Im very happy at CS, im happy to make a good living, good schedule, and great people.

So holy crap, stop bitching at eachother!

Chewy, I couldnt agree more with you. Perhaps you can tell your pals trash and bogie what you just told us. It is your own that have said that "CS pilots are the best" and that your "service is second to none and better than NJA's." Truly, who cares.........as long as we get a check, right??? We've been down this road before, where were you then???

Latest resources

Back