Citation Shares Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly2AK

Just curious on where the domiciles are and if there are any in SEA, GEG, or DEN? What are the schedules like and how many days off per month? Average upgrade time? What are the competetive requirements? how does vacation work and how much? What is the reserve lifestyle like? Any thing else you could tell me would be great. Also are all your training expenses paid for? Thanks

REQUIREMENTS
Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (Multi-Engine Land)
Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
2,000 hours total pilot time
1,500 hours fixed wing multi-engine time
750 hours pilot-in-command time
500 hours turbine time
200 hours within the last 12 months
Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit
Current Passport

Crewmembers must reside within 120 minutes drive from one of the following CitationShares pilot base airports:

BOS, HPN, EWR, BWI, ATL, MCO, FLL, MIA, ORD, DFW, DEN, LAX, SFO, PHX, CVG, SAT, STL, BNA, MCI, IAD, SMF, LAS, IAH, CLE, GSO

Fly2AK said:
Just curious on where the domiciles are and if there are any in SEA, GEG, or DEN? What are the schedules like and how many days off per month? Average upgrade time? What are the competetive requirements? how does vacation work and how much? What is the reserve lifestyle like? Any thing else you could tell me would be great. Also are all your training expenses paid for? Thanks

1. Already answered.
2. 7 on/7 off
3. 2+ years at this time
4. 6000+ hrs i would guess
5. Years 1-4, 1 week, Years 5+, 2 weeks
6. No reserve
7. Just ask
8. Yes

X

Crew Meal Clarification: if you have requested a crew meal, there is no longer a need to deduct $10.00 per pilot from your expenses. The crew meal charge will automatically be deducted from your expense reimbursement. An educational point, for completeness: once a crew meal is requested, Dispatch coordinates same then enters the request into a crew meal database. Accounting uses this database to reconcile the ........invoice. Once the invoice is reconciled, your expense reimbursement is adjusted accordingly. Important: if you do not receive your crew meal for any reason, notify Dispatch. A diversion might trigger this, for example. Once Dispatch is informed, the database will be adjusted, preventing Accounting from deducting the crew meal expense. If anyone has further questions or suggestions, please call anytime day or night to discuss?happy to help.

Don't forget about the crew meals you have to pay for!!!!!

Dime Line:

I do not work for CS but have a good friend there. Why do you guys harp about crew meals being paid. Dude, it is all the same crap. I go on the road ten days at a time. I can't imagine eating a freaking crew meal every day twice a day. I like to enjoy a meal served on china in a restaurant with someone waiting on me. I go and I am sure you do go to some great destinations where I wallow with the locals in what they enjoy in the kitchen. I am well compensated to be able to do that. Geez fellas, eating in an fbo with food on your lap is nothing to be proud of.
Our charter clients rarely order catering except for the occasional breakfast breads. Even they can't stand eating that crap day in/day out.

Captainzero1 said:
I can't imagine eating a freaking crew meal every day twice a day. I like to enjoy a meal served on china in a restaurant with someone waiting on me. I go and I am sure you do go to some great destinations where I wallow with the locals in what they enjoy in the kitchen. I am well compensated to be able to do that. Geez fellas, eating in an fbo with food on your lap is nothing to be proud of.
Our charter clients rarely order catering except for the occasional breakfast breads. Even they can't stand eating that crap day in/day out.

Funny! Sounds like you just don't get it.

If CS is anything like NetJets then listen closely.

You don't have a choice when you're scheduled to fly 1. Breakfast 2. Lunch 3. Dinner in the cockpit. If you're in the Falcon you can enjoy you're china if you want but who cares. I prefer to eat all my meals while not doing M0.84 but I don't really get a say unless my Screw food doesn't show up. If it doesn't we all get excited and shut it down and go eat at a restaurant like civilized folks. But if yas gots to haf screw food, betta if yooz dont haf to payz fuh it!

You can't imagine eating crew meals everyday.........I think the same way........"But".........

That is just not the way it is here at the Fracs. So far this trip i've done 5, 14hr days in a row, not too much time to go and eat from china. We average 4 legs a day while doing our 8 on and 7 off, or untill we get tired, which usually happens about day 4 or 5, then we get 12 hours off.

You say you "wallow" with the locals, that is not even on the plate at Flops, CS, NJ or Flex.

You say your well "compensated".......Were working on it, but far away from "well"

So to answer your question, the schedules at the Frax companys don't allow for the "china" or even the Micki Deees run during any given day, so being that were not robots, and we need to eat to operate. But CS decided to charge their pilots 10.00 for their crew meals, that the pilots have no control over. The only reason the company can charge this, is simply because they can.

Where and how

dime line said:
Crew Meal Clarification: if you have requested a crew meal, there is no longer a need to deduct $10.00 per pilot from your expenses. The crew meal charge will automatically be deducted from your expense reimbursement. An educational point, for completeness: once a crew meal is requested, Dispatch coordinates same then enters the request into a crew meal database. Accounting uses this database to reconcile the ........invoice. Once the invoice is reconciled, your expense reimbursement is adjusted accordingly. Important: if you do not receive your crew meal for any reason, notify Dispatch. A diversion might trigger this, for example. Once Dispatch is informed, the database will be adjusted, preventing Accounting from deducting the crew meal expense. If anyone has further questions or suggestions, please call anytime day or night to discuss?happy to help.

Don't forget about the crew meals you have to pay for!!!!!

Dime:

Im curious how you got this information. Good info. Do you work for CS?

Latest resources

Back