Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares: After 10 year $103,000?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FRACTRASH said:
Even if our management gave us a raise and used NJ as a blueprint. What business is it of any NJ pilot?

This is a question that's worthy of a sincere response. I know I am only speaking for myself here, but it matters to me because I care about the profession. I don’t know a NetJets pilot, and I know many, that are anything but happy for the CS pilots. I have been involved with 1108 in many different capacities, and fought long and hard to raise the standards within the fractional industry. When I was informed of CS pilot improvements it was, and is, icing on the cake, very rewarding. But the simple answer to your question above is because I/we care about our profession, the pilot profession. We are not pilots looking for a sweet spot in aviation; we work to make our profession a sweet spot. Many at 1108 worked to make your sweet spot a little sweeter, and they are asking other to do the same.

Every job in aviation goes through cycles. Oddly enough it’s Local 1108 that’s seeking to provide stability. Ultimately the objective is to provide job security with professional wages, benefits, and working conditions while removing wages from the competition. In other words, we don’t want to see management and shareholders rewarded by exploiting pilot and their families.

It’s our business because we care. We are pleased to see CS pilots are happy, or at least content for now. I hope CS management keeps up with the market over time. What I believe others are attempting to convey is organizing, receiving NMB certification for union representation, serving Section 6 notification, and bargaining a first contract takes years not months. I believe they are suggesting it’s best to start the process sooner, as opposed to later. But, again, to answer your question – it’s because we care about our profession, not just our existing job.

Respectfully,

Give it up

CastofThousands said:
This is a question that's worthy of a sincere response. I know I am only speaking for myself here, but it matters to me because I care about the profession. I don’t know a NetJets pilot, and I know many, that are anything but happy for the CS pilots. I have been involved with 1108 in many different capacities, and fought long and hard to raise the standards within the fractional industry. When I was informed of CS pilot improvements it was, and is, icing on the cake, very rewarding. But the simple answer to your question above is because I/we care about our profession, the pilot profession. We are not pilots looking for a sweet spot in aviation; we work to make our profession a sweet spot. Many at 1108 worked to make your sweet spot a little sweeter, and they are asking other to do the same.

Every job in aviation goes through cycles. Oddly enough it’s Local 1108 that’s seeking to provide stability. Ultimately the objective is to provide job security with professional wages, benefits, and working conditions while removing wages from the competition. In other words, we don’t want to see management and shareholders rewarded by exploiting pilot and their families.

It’s our business because we care. We are pleased to see CS pilots are happy, or at least content for now. I hope CS management keeps up with the market over time. What I believe others are attempting to convey is organizing, receiving NMB certification for union representation, serving Section 6 notification, and bargaining a first contract takes years not months. I believe they are suggesting it’s best to start the process sooner, as opposed to later. But, again, to answer your question – it’s because we care about our profession, not just our existing job.

Respectfully,

Give it up, isnt going to happen. Next topic........

CastofThousands, I'm glad you care about are profession as a whole. Though I truly believe NJ pilots voted in a union and fought for years to better there own quality of life. I really don't think CS was on anyones mind.

I have no doubt there will be a day when we must work together - that's aviation, a small community with highs and lows. In that regard, I will not give it up, and at that point in time many will be grateful. Again, I wish all the best for the CS pilots. I see no immediate need for the CS pilots to unionize. There is no doubt in any reasonable person's mind that the CS pilots received improvements as a result of the NetJets pilot group and Local 1108. There are many challenges in this profession and professional courtesy shouldn't be one of them. That goes for NJA, FLOPS, FLEX, CS, and AVANTAIR pilots.

You asked why - I answered - if you don't want an answer, don't ask the question.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
CastofThousands, Why does it always go right back to the we got you a raise banter. What do you want? Would it help if we praised all the NJ pilots and there beloved local 1108. Maybe I'll put a billboard up in Teterbore thanking all the NJ pilots for the raise my company gave me. Would that be enough?
I'll say it again, move on for god sake.

I will be happy to spell it out for you. As I understand it a group of CS pilots mailed an entire seniority and address list to 1108. It's also my understanding that there is a reasonably large group of pilots trying to get an organizing drive going at CS. I was told this group of pilots approached 1108. So when you say give it up, and move on, I suggest you talk to your own pilots. I am not blinded by the fact there are pilots who don't want to unionize, you shouldn't be ignorant to the reality there are pilots who do want to unionize. Guess what? 50.01% prevail under the RLA as well as within the union. I will point out, to my knowledge, 1108 has never officially or unofficially indicated they had an interest in organizing CS. Simple reason, as long as CS management doesn't try to set low industry wages that whipsaw 1108 pilots, all is well.

My personal opinion here, NetJets pilots are in the drivers seat for ALL union to nonunion consolidation. Through a couple of industry reporters, supposedly "in the know," it has been confirmed that NetJets and Textron, I mean Cessna, have been mending some wound left by Cessna's old CEO - Russ - who started CS. One reporter said they "can't confirm or deny" a meeting with NetJets and Textron, I mean Cessna. I do know NetJets Cessna 680 and XLS orders jumped dramatically last month, and right now over 75% of NetJets new aircraft are Cessna (public information).

The 1108 leadership is well versed and studied on the issues. It would be safe to assume the Flight Options drive all came together after is was publicly confirmed by NetJets Chairman that there was no possibility of a merger with Flight Options. In addition, it's my understanding there is a private equities firm scouting Raytheon Aircraft Company (not Flight Options). Now, the little I know about the RLA, union to nonunion pilot group consolidation is very simple. Your wages are within 20% of the wages at NetJets, 83% on NetJets Class 1 wages to be more specific. If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would wager on securing Flight Options pilots a first contract is the primary interest at 1108. NJI as a secondary interest, with Flex & AvantAir (if there pilots pick it up a bit) tied for third. Each individual in the 1108 leadership carries specific assignments, so my guess is they are all first on someone's list.

So as long as you're happy, we're happy. Capisce?

Again, Best Regards,

Moderator reviewed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I just got paid friday. My check from NJA shows that I am on track to make $189,628 this year without anymore overtime. I think NJA is paying me well do to the hardwork of our union 1108. I doubt that anyone else from another fractional will come even close to that.

Last edited:
CastofThousands, I can guarantee, you are talking about a few unhappy pilots who wouldn't be happy anywhere. I work for the company and we are quite happy without the union. Not one person I've flown with wants a union on our property. You can take that to the bank. I'll tell you what, when I become a truck driver I'll call the 1108, so I don't have to sleep and shower at truck stops.

As for XLS orders, Textron is a business and you are the larger company for now. Simple math says you should have more aircraft orders. We are a very young fractional. I don't know too many fractionals that have grown more than 200% in the 3yrs I've been here. We must be doing something right. When hell freezes over and your beloved 1108 winds up on our property, it will be the end of the culture at CS which I grown to like. As an ex union pilot who's been so grossly misrepresented by cut throat unions, it would be time for me to grow a beard and start pounding nails for a living.

Why is it...On the message board there's so much loyalty from NJ pilots defending there company and drinking the "cool aid". Yet on the road, I have'nt met one NJ pilot that likes the company or job. Ironic...talk is definately cheap on the message board. GO CS !!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back