Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares: After 10 year $103,000?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BengalsFan

What happens to your pay after you've reached the 10 year, $103,000 mark... NetJets says +Cola after you max out their pay scale... what happens at CS?

BengalsFan said:
What happens to your pay after you've reached the 10 year, $103,000 mark... NetJets says +Cola after you max out their pay scale... what happens at CS?

They TAKE 3% back

BengalsFan said:

I'm sure the CS guys will be "taken care of" when that longevity becomes reality for their seniorty cadre of pilots.

We should have our next contract by then anyway and CS management will know what to almost pay them.

Humphreybogart said:
I also heard that our pay scale was to be "re-evaluated" after 5 years.

Exactly...

after the NJA pilots do their thing again and give CS management an idea of where the bar sits.

Sad they can't just pay their pilots without rubbernecking.

Also, a 2.5% increase in pay is a pay cut. 3.75% is the average CPI increase year over year.

FLYLOW22 said:
Also, a 2.5% increase in pay is a pay cut. 3.75% is the average CPI increase year over year.

That doesn't equate to a pay cut. Maybe a cut in purchasing power.

That's like Congress reducing the amount of increased spending and claiming that they made spending cuts. They are spending more money, just not as much as they planned to spend originally.

blueridge71 said:
That doesn't equate to a pay cut. Maybe a cut in purchasing power.

That's like Congress reducing the amount of increased spending and claiming that they made spending cuts. They are spending more money, just not as much as they planned to spend originally.

Call it what you choose. I call it a pay cut.

Here's why...

If I can buy a hamburger today with what I am making that represents an income level.

If in 5 years I cannot buy the same hamburger becasue what I am making has not kept up with the average CPI increase of 3.75% (meaning what I am making today is not equivillent to what I WAS making) then that, essentially, is a built in paycut that benefits management.

You know that they have an automatic 3.75% increase in Owner contracts year over year.

What that means is an Owner paying 1 million today will be paying the adjusted equivillant of 1 million next year and so on.

Why aren't pilot wages viewd in the same manner?

Humphreybogart said:
I also heard that our pay scale was to be "re-evaluated" after 5 years.

Man Bogart, I called that one a long time ago. Imagine that. I would like to see your mgmt give you a pay raise totally on their own without seeing what will be offered to us. Guess you guys have to wait and see what we all do first....too funny.

To all you NJ guys who complain about CS, it just shows how bad it eats away at you for being second best!! We'll be taken care of, you can bank on it.

Latest resources

Back