• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation down @ VNY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think the thread has shifted its focus but rather, naturally shocked at the behaviour exhibited by rumpanumbnuts (hint - delete your comment, numbnuts). No one has forgotten about the 2 airmen and friends that were lost.

Has anyone had experience with these doors coming undone inflight? Has anyone seen one depart the airframe? I've seen a Citation V fastener come undone in flight and whistle its way to the ground. Is the "door not locked" light in the cockpit slaved to the lock or the fasteners in the CJ? How does the CJ perform on single engine V1 cuts compared to other jets?

In my experience with Cessna nose doors (400's, 500's) they must be locked, the latching mechanism is crap.

CJs are very good single-engine performers (especially with the Rudder Bias system). You are correct in that the Nose and Aft baggage compartments will give the crew an Annunciator if one is unlocked. Any man made object could fail, but I have not heard of the lock failing (not that it couldn't happen). I hate to speculate.

1) Straight CJ does not have the rudder bias system.

2) Pilot witness reports the gear never came up.

The guy who jumped out was probably just going outside to clean the engines out and lost his footing.

MOD INPUT: Rumpletumbler recieved a short, but not so sweet vacation from flight info for his comments. Please do us all a favor and let this be the last mention of his comments on this thread so that it does not get hijacked anymore than it already has been. God bless the families of those involved and lets hope that we all can learn something from the accident so that we can all be better, safer pilots.

Way2Broke

Latest resources

Back