• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation down @ VNY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting back to the topic, is that aircraft's performance inherently poor on one engine or does it seem like more happened than just a problem with a single engine? Wondering if it's possibly that debris hit both engines..

The guy who jumped out was probably just going outside to clean the engines out and lost his footing.

Your comment is in extremely bad taste. I hope that someday you are able to attain a level of maturity that allows you to realize what an incredible ass you are.

Regarding the death of two airmen - there but for the Grace of God go each of us.

RIP

GV

~

Last edited:
rumpletumbler

Hope you have learned a valuable lesson, we all enjoy a good smart comment to lighten things up from time to time but this wasn't the time or the place. My sincere condolences to all friends and family.

rumpletumbler said:
The guy who jumped out was probably just going outside to clean the engines out and lost his footing.

Rumpletumbler,

Your a Sh*tbag! No, make that a little smart*ss wisecracking Sh*tbag!

May they rest in peace. My sincere condolences to the family and friends.

Hey guys I think rumpletumbler was just trying to illustrate the outrageousness of the CNN report. Take it easy.

Getting back to the topic, is that aircraft's performance inherently poor on one engine or does it seem like more happened than just a problem with a single engine? Wondering if it's possibly that debris hit both engines..

I dont know, but I am sure with the door open there was additional drag, in addition what ever the debris hit I am sure was damaged as well. Not to mention Multiple emergencies at lift off. They don't train that one in the simulator.

My prayers are with the family, friends an co-workers. RIP.

I dont know, but I am sure with the door open there was additional drag, in addition what ever the debris hit I am sure was damaged as well. Not to mention Multiple emergencies at lift off. They don't train that one in the simulator.

Frank's been through multiple emergencies after V1 before.

I've flown with Capt. Frank in the past on a few occasions. Let me tell ya, if that airplane could have been saved, Capt. Frank was the one man who would have saved it. A very humble man and a great pilot. May they rest in peace.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back