• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Air April Negotiation Report- Part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The comment about breaking regulations is old, tired, not true, and complete BS.

BS ? I suppose you have factual data to support this claim?

Every study I've read points to the fact that private aviation (predominantly non-union) has 5 times the accident rate than every other segment of the industry. It seems to me, somebody is cutting corners or being pressured to do so on an alarmingly frequent basis.

This phenomena isn't limited to aviation either. Studies conducted on other safety-sensitive industries demonstrate much lower accident rates across the board at the union shops.

It took less than an hour of Googling to dig this information up. If you are aware of any contradictory research demonstrating it's all BS, I'm all ears.

BS ? I suppose you have factual data to support this claim?

Every study I've read points to the fact that private aviation (predominantly non-union) has 5 times the accident rate than every other segment of the industry. It seems to me, somebody is cutting corners or being pressured to do so on an alarmingly frequent basis.

This phenomena isn't limited to aviation either. Studies conducted on other safety-sensitive industries demonstrate much lower accident rates across the board at the union shops.

It took less than an hour of Googling to dig this information up. If you are aware of any contradictory research demonstrating it's all BS, I'm all ears.

I think you took the comment out of context. I agree with everything you said and it is supported by research and statistics.

The comment was directed at the generalization that private flight departments are unsafe because crew members break rules due to concerns over job security. This is a very rare exception and certainly not the rule.

So it really isn't "old, tired, not true, and complete BS" then?

While there are some bottom feeders out there, the characterization of corporate pilots as a** kissing, unsafe, hacks is about as valid as one saying all union pilots are lazy, worthless, alcaholic slackers. Corporate operators flying two pilot crewed aircraft regularly have safety rates better than the 121 world. Yes I have facts to back that up:
http://www.nbaa.org/ops/safety/stats/

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Interesting info and excellent job by the Part 91 flight departments and mgmt companies.

Definitions and comparisons get a little murky when deciding what you want to include as private aviation, general aviation, corporate aviation, etc...

These owners don't want to hire former union pilots because these pilots have become accustomed to being treated with respect and dignity at work.

They want to be able to say "jump" and here "how high boss" in response, no matter what is asked.

Larger dirt bag operators don't like former union pilots because of all of the above, plus these pilots may just organize them.

They don't want to hire former Union pilots because of the attitude they bring with them, one of entitlement and laziness, it seems to me.

They don't want to hire former Union pilots because of the attitude they bring with them, one of entitlement and laziness, it seems to me.

Geez...could you be a little more direct next time?

Don't agree the generalization...but a few have lost sight of reality and have become extreme with their views...which is bad no matter which side of the issue you may reside.

Latest resources

Back