• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Air April Negotiation Report- Part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The comment about breaking regulations is old, tired, not true, and complete BS.

This nonsense is what makes it very difficult, if not impossible, for former Netjets (union) pilots to get a job. Are you happy about it? It would appear so.

Let's see your view when you are walking the streets looking for a job and they shove your pompous attitude down your throat and say take a hike.

My attitude of refusing to break regulations is what got me my current flying job after being furloughed, thanks for asking. :) I didn't realize that operating within federal regulations was considered pompous?

"That's a great idea! You could, say, put a legally binding contract in place that says the pilots will not be terminated for refusing to break regulations. I like it, what could we call it, hmm, starts with a "u"....."

See how many jobs you get by giving your prospective employer a "binding contract".

Nobody should break regulations, and one should not use it as an excuse for trying to be piggish.

Then you work for the wrong guy if he treats you this bad.....Change jobs quit stop doing it, take a stand, be responsible for yourself. No one owns the job but the guy paying the Bills.....some suck some are great some blow, some don't, some screw you some give you the shirt off their back......look be an adult decide which battle to fight and hold on to your ideals...it will work out eventually.

every job has some form of suck....what is your level of suck acceptance, won't put up with much suck....so I choose if I don't like it not the boss....he needs my talents and my experience....has worked great for me and well its also sucked for me....buy its always up to me, not a union, or another person....me! I have had incredible help in the past from great folks....most I paid back many times some I messed up and screwed royally.....its life live up to what YOU make of it and don't hide......

As for being gone, The boss is gone also, he also goes out in meetings all day then usually has meetings through dinner, while we go to the super 8 and eat bon bons and watch TV, he then gets up and does meetings all the next day and we are laying by the pool, then he gets on the plane and most times he's doing paperwork......while we finally work! Yep we got it terrible......

Dude, Check this out.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/

"That's a great idea! You could, say, put a legally binding contract in place that says the pilots will not be terminated for refusing to break regulations. I like it, what could we call it, hmm, starts with a "u"....."

See how many jobs you get by giving your prospective employer a "binding contract".

Nobody should break regulations, and one should not use it as an excuse for trying to be piggish.

Organizing a union is a federally protected right. It is one avenue to "stand up for yourself", and it is what the NJA pilots did to do just that.

Fully understand the right to form a union, but you have to be employed first!

If you are out looking for a job and you hand your prospective employer a "legally binding contract" to sign, you chances of getting the position are zero.

Wow how did you come up with such brilliance, and where did you derive that from what I posted?

Then you work for the wrong guy if he treats you this bad.....Change jobs quit stop doing it, take a stand, be responsible for yourself. No one owns the job but the guy paying the Bills.....some suck some are great some blow, some don't, some screw you some give you the shirt off their back......look be an adult decide which battle to fight and hold on to your ideals...it will work out eventually.

every job has some form of suck....what is your level of suck acceptance, won't put up with much suck....so I choose if I don't like it not the boss....he needs my talents and my experience....has worked great for me and well its also sucked for me....buy its always up to me, not a union, or another person....me! I have had incredible help in the past from great folks....most I paid back many times some I messed up and screwed royally.....its life live up to what YOU make of it and don't hide......

As for being gone, The boss is gone also, he also goes out in meetings all day then usually has meetings through dinner, while we go to the super 8 and eat bon bons and watch TV, he then gets up and does meetings all the next day and we are laying by the pool, then he gets on the plane and most times he's doing paperwork......while we finally work! Yep we got it terrible......

From time to time I have flown with an ex-Army pilot with a tag on his bag that reads "Embrace the Suck"......

Latest resources

Back