• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Air April Negotiation Report- Part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....and we haven't even gotten into how working on a managed plane often means being tied to your pager 24/7 instead of the cush schedule that most frax pilots enjoy.

The CitationAir pilots are, or going to be, out of work.

I doubt that they are worried about "pagers", schedules, or doing something their boss wants to do.

They want a job rather than sitting at home and collecting unemployment with no job in sight.

As someone mentioned, 9 out of 10 workers are non union and they get by just fine.

Last edited:
Pager? What's a pager? Is that like a beeper? Do those even exist anymore?

Wearing one for work right now, I guess that's why I mentioned it. No, I don't work as an old-skool pimp/drug dealer, but it still makes a fine fashion accessory. :D (along with my "onesie" uniform)

As someone mentioned, 9 out of 10 workers are non union and they get by just fine.

I agree a job is way more important than worrying about the boss's desires...

9/10 workers may be non-union, but 9/10 workers aren't expected to work at anytime in a 24 hr period. Don't have to spend days on end away from home. Don't operate equipment that is both vital for operations and heavily regulated by the FAA. And when said equipment is broken, aren't pressured into breaking the FAA rules to get the boss home for dinner. An office worker's computer breaks they call ITT, sit there and blow bubbles til it's fixed and then go home for supper.

If I worked in an office at a regular 9-5.. Sure non union is fine. But when I am at the whim of a boss who may want to head to a business meeting unannounced, and then decides instead of going home (myself too) he wants to stay another night at his fancy hotel while I sleep in a Motel 8.. Then a Union is beneficial.

Also when the boss has his buddies on board and wants to "impress" them, right after take-off he wants coffee served to him, and you don't do it. You fall out of graces with him because you aren't his bit@h.

BTW, I don't have a problem serving coffee etc.. I do it out of kindness before I jump upfront. Like offering a guest a drink at my house. I don't do it because I'm the coffee and treat boy. (or FA)

Last edited:
I agree a job is way more important than worrying about the boss's desires...

9/10 workers may be non-union, but 9/10 workers aren't expected to work at anytime in a 24 hr period. Don't have to spend days on end away from home. Don't operate equipment that is both vital for operations and heavily regulated by the FAA. And when said equipment is broken, aren't pressured into breaking the FAA rules to get the boss home for dinner. An office worker's computer breaks they call ITT, sit there and blow bubbles til it's fixed and then go home for supper.

If I worked in an office at a regular 9-5.. Sure non union is fine. But when I am at the whim of a boss who may want to head to a business meeting unannounced, and then decides instead of going home (myself too) he wants to stay another night at his fancy hotel while I sleep in a Motel 8.. Then a Union is beneficial.

Also when the boss has his buddies on board and wants to "impress" them, right after take-off he wants coffee served to him, and you don't do it. You fall out of graces with him because you aren't his bit@h.

BTW, I don't have a problem serving coffee etc.. I do it out of kindness before I jump upfront. Like offering a guest a drink at my house. I don't do it because I'm the coffee and treat boy. (or FA)

Then you work for the wrong guy if he treats you this bad.....Change jobs quit stop doing it, take a stand, be responsible for yourself. No one owns the job but the guy paying the Bills.....some suck some are great some blow, some don't, some screw you some give you the shirt off their back......look be an adult decide which battle to fight and hold on to your ideals...it will work out eventually.

every job has some form of suck....what is your level of suck acceptance, won't put up with much suck....so I choose if I don't like it not the boss....he needs my talents and my experience....has worked great for me and well its also sucked for me....buy its always up to me, not a union, or another person....me! I have had incredible help in the past from great folks....most I paid back many times some I messed up and screwed royally.....its life live up to what YOU make of it and don't hide......

As for being gone, The boss is gone also, he also goes out in meetings all day then usually has meetings through dinner, while we go to the super 8 and eat bon bons and watch TV, he then gets up and does meetings all the next day and we are laying by the pool, then he gets on the plane and most times he's doing paperwork......while we finally work! Yep we got it terrible......

Then you work for the wrong guy if he treats you this bad.....Change jobs quit stop doing it, take a stand, be responsible for yourself. No one owns the job but the guy paying the Bills.....some suck some are great some blow, some don't, some screw you some give you the shirt off their back......look be an adult decide which battle to fight and hold on to your ideals...it will work out eventually.

every job has some form of suck....what is your level of suck acceptance, won't put up with much suck....so I choose if I don't like it not the boss....he needs my talents and my experience....has worked great for me and well its also sucked for me....buy its always up to me, not a union, or another person....me! I have had incredible help in the past from great folks....most I paid back many times some I messed up and screwed royally.....its life live up to what YOU make of it and don't hide......

As for being gone, The boss is gone also, he also goes out in meetings all day then usually has meetings through dinner, while we go to the super 8 and eat bon bons and watch TV, he then gets up and does meetings all the next day and we are laying by the pool, then he gets on the plane and most times he's doing paperwork......while we finally work! Yep we got it terrible......

I did quit..why do you think I chose Netjets:beer:...

"Take a stand"

That's a great idea! You could, say, put a legally binding contract in place that says the pilots will not be terminated for refusing to break regulations. I like it, what could we call it, hmm, starts with a "u".....

Latest resources

Back