• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Air April Negotiation Report- Part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Mr. Schultz stated that only those CitationAir pilots who have been recommended by management and selected by individual managed aircraft owners would have jobs in that particular program. Aircraft owners would have the final say about how many and which pilots are assigned to their individual aircraft. Selected pilots would be expected to uproot their families and move to the vicinity of where the aircraft are based, which would be at locations selected by the owners, not the Company. Continued assignment, and presumably employment, would be subject to how well the pilots get along with the owner, his/her family and associates. When a managed aircraft owner is not using the aircraft, it could be used by CitationAir to fly Jet Card and charter customers with the CitationAir pilots selected to “live” with an owner’s aircraft doing the flying. The havoc such a program would wreak on the integrity of any seniority system should be obvious."

That paragraph pretty much says it all. My question is: what seniority system are they referring to? Since these pilots would no longer be employed by CA it only stands to reason they would no longer be a part of the union. Is this correct? Just like EJM pilots are not part of NJA union. So now you serve solely at the pleasure of the aircraft owner. Ain't life grand?!

Sounds to me like they want the pilots to become the equivilant of someone's pool boy.

Some rich guys hadgi.

Last edited:
That paragraph pretty much says it all. My question is: what seniority system are they referring to? Since these pilots would no longer be employed by CA it only stands to reason they would no longer be a part of the union. Is this correct? Just like EJM pilots are not part of NJA union. So now you serve solely at the pleasure of the aircraft owner. Ain't life grand?![/QUOTE]

Holy cow...Not that, you actually have to perform, act a certain way all the time and be responsible for yourself......and if you don't and if you tee off the wrong person you loose your job.....no protections other than doing a great job, and becoming indispensable........you mean you have to be like 89% of the rest of the employees in America.....Say it aint so!!!

Yep, be careful when deciding whether to write up a maintenance issue grounding the aircraft, cancelling when second segment doesn't compute or a wet runway means you don't have the numbers to go, etc. Because as a heads up, some owners define "great job" differently from others.

Yep, be careful when deciding whether to write up a maintenance issue grounding the aircraft, cancelling when second segment doesn't compute or a wet runway means you don't have the numbers to go, etc. Because as a heads up, some owners define "great job" differently from others.

Yeah, I'm sure all the fortune 500 company pilots really worry about whether or not to write stuff up. They get fired all the time for minor stuff. If you can't explain something like second segment climb, you probably don't understand it.

Nobody understands it ...LOL

With as many true stories as there are of this happening, you have to wonder what rock some people live under.

Edit, I thought you were saying how no one understands that flight crews for private owners do get to deal with the reality of what I was saying, not about second segment.

Working at a small 91/135 place can sometimes suck because no matter what is advertised or told to you, at some point you will be either pressured or expected to do something you don't want for the sake of your boss.... The boss is always happy til that one time you tell him you can't take-off and he'll have to stay a night in Podunk USA instead of make it home.

Probably alot different than working at a large Avantair/CS size place that even though there is not a Union, you're still afforded alot of room in that department.

For all the BS that a Union brings with it, I always liked the fact that I had certain protections. Not a Union die hard, but definitely liked being part of a Union.

Latest resources

Back